~PART THREE~ [Chapter 40] Awk-waaard (Lexy)

(Lexy's POV)

"I'm so excited that you're going to be staying with Pete and me, Lex!" Catherine exclaimed as she took my packed bags out of my hands and set them down beside the couch on the floor, "We're going to have so much fun! You've missed so much!"

"Did I?" I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh my god, yes!" She squealed, sitting down on the couch and patting the couch cushion beside her, indicating she wanted me to sit down next to her. I sighed before doing as she wanted. She began to tell me everything that happened while she was here and I was in New Jersey.

She started with when she took me to the concert all that time ago and how she found out Brendon had a new girlfriend - that was why she said in the car the day we were leaving that seeing him was just "fine". So he was not the reason she moved back, she moved back just because she hated living in New Jersey. She didn't make friends in New Jersey and she absolutely hated Dad, so she found no reason to stay in a place that made her miserable

When she moved back, she had nowhere to go. But she knew that we were good friends with Patrick's family, so she went there and stayed there for a while. (I was completely unaware of this. I wondered why Patrick didn't tell me about this. I mean, she was staying in his house. You would've thought he would've told me my sister was staying with him. But he didn't. Why? I have no clue.)

She told me it was rough the first few weeks, she had almost no friends. All of her friends had moved away or had left to go to college. Brendon was still there, but Catherine couldn't stand seeing him with Sarah, his girlfriend. I guess she was the Stumph's new neighbor and Catherine would see Brendon coming and going from the house constantly, with and without Sarah. So during those first few weeks, her only real friend was Mrs. Stumph. "She was kind of like the mother I never had," Catherine described her as. She made her meals every day and would take her out shopping with her and did "everything I could've done with mom, but wasn't able to".

One day though, Patrick came to the house with the band. That's when Catherine really got to know Pete (I mean, she knew who he was before then - she'd known he was one of the guys I was always hanging out with - but this time she really got to know him). The guys invited her to listen to the songs they were working on, which were the songs for Infinity On High. Pete and her really clicked during that time, she claimed. The two of them exchanged numbers and they began talking almost every day.

About a few weeks later, Pete asked Cath to be his girlfriend. She obviously agreed and the two of them had been together ever since. She moved in with him about a month after he asked her to be his girlfriend.

"What about you?" She questioned after finishing her story, "What's been going on with my little sis?" She punched me playfully on the shoulder.

I laughed and rubbed my arm where she hit me, "Oh, I don't know. Not much. Nothing as interesting as what you just told me."

"Come on, you had to live with dad, I'm sure something interesting happened. Even it's not much."

I shook my head, "No, still nothing really."

Catherine cocked her head to the side. "C'mon, Lex. Nothing?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you keeping something from me?"

"What? No!"

You know, besides Patrick coming to see me, defying my father's request for him to leave when he arrived at the house. And our dad falling down the stairs and having to be sent to the hospital. And then there was Mikey cheating on me with his supposed ex-girlfriend.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"C'mon, I'm your big sister. We haven't seen each other in nearly a year. There must be something you want to tell me," She urged.