~PART THREE~ [Chapter 49] See You Tomorrow (Patrick)

DIFFERENT UPDATE SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK: So instead of being updated on Tuesday and Friday this week, I'll be updating this book today, Wednesday, and Friday. FRIDAY WILL BE THE LAST UPDATE, but don't worry - I've got a surprise up my sleeve that I hope you'll like =)

(Patrick's POV)

I was sitting alone at a table for two in small coffee shop in town that didn't get much business, which was a shame because they had really good green tea. I was the only customer in the coffee shop at the moment and was staring out the window at the rain falling from the sky, unconsciously swirling the straw in my cup that was mostly ice.

It had been about four months since Lexy went back to New Jersey and Elisa left me because I apparently still had feelings for Lexy, which wasn't true but she just didn't seem to get that.

I hadn't talked to either of them since, to be honest. I tried talking Elisa, time and time again, but she ignored each and every one of my calls and text messages. The voicemails I left her were probably still sitting in her voicemail, or better yet, erased. I tried talking to Lexy a few times too, but I never did. All I did was scroll down to her contact on my phone and stare at her number for god knows how long, never pressing the call button.

Sometimes I saw Elisa on the streets. She'd notice me and then act like I wasn't not even there. Most of the time she'd be with Spencer, so I only assumed they got back together. I wouldn't say I'm shocked that she went back to him after that night, since she was still seeing him behind my back. I wasn't even really upset. I loved her, but Lexy was right. She crossed the line saying I couldn't see my best friend anymore. Not that I see her anymore since she moved back.

I snapped myself back into reality and looked over at the clock hanging up on the wall behind the front counter. 9:56 in the morning. I stood up, taking my cup with me, and walked over to the door, throwing my drink that was still half full into the garbage can.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" The barista behind the counter called out to me. Her name was Josie, but she liked to be called Jo. She had long, wavy, light brown hair and brown eyes. She always wore a white three-quarter sleeve shirt with a dark green apron tied around her waist. I wouldn't say we were friends or anything, but we always exchanged a friendly hello and a smile before she got me whatever I ordered, which usually was the same thing every time. Plus she listened to me when no one else would.

"Yeah," I replied, the corner of my lips curling upward before I opened the door.

"Patrick!" She called out my name, stopping me cold in my tracks. I glanced over my shoulder at her. "I listened to your band's new album," She told me, walking out from behind the counter and slipping her hands into the pockets of her apron. "Folie À Deux, right?"

"Yeah."

"I really liked it."

"Thanks. It means a lot to hear that." Our fans didn't take very well to the new album, and it was really hurting my self esteem. But the guys kept telling me that once we go on tour this spring, things will change.

I went to leave when she once again stopped me.

"Wait!"

I looked back at her and she put her finger up in a wait a minute manner. She escaped back behind the counter, grabbed something, and walked back over to me, handing me a plastic-wrapped moon cookie with yellow frosting and a brown smiley face on it.

"I'm not sure if you really like cookies or not, but I just thought you might need this. You know, to cheer you up a bit. And you don't have to worry about paying for it or anything, it's on me." She grinned.

"Thanks," I replied once again, taking the cookie. She smiled at me. "Well, I better get going," I pocketed the cookie into my sweatshirt, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," She spun around and returned to her post, which was really just standing there and waiting for the lunch hour to come around. That's when the coffee shop's rush hour happened, but even then, the rush hour only was like ten people.

I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and stepped out into the pouring rain. I took a few steps before looking back into the coffee shop, where Josie was counting the money in the cash register.

I don't know what came over me, but I burst back into the coffee shop, causing her to jump. I walked up to the counter and asked her, "Do you have any plans tonight, Jo?"