~PART TWO~ [Chapter 26] New Me (Patrick)

(Patrick's POV)

I was sitting on the couch with Elisa, watching some romantic comedy I'm sure she's seen multiple times. She was entranced in the movie and I was zoned out, thinking about what happened the day before. How I slapped Pete and how he told me to never come back. The movie must've ended, because the next I know, Elisa's not curled up beside me anymore. Instead she's standing up, stretching. She looked back at me and grinned, "So what'd you think?"

"It-It was great," I lied, forcing a smile on my face.

"I'm glad you liked it, because I was thinking we could do it again next weekend," She sat down on my lap, one leg on each side, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Next weekend?" I repeated.

She nodded her head, a sly smirk on her face. "What? Do you not want to do it again?" She pouted her lips and cocked her head to the side.

"No, I-I would love to do it again, it's just..." I heaved a sigh and said, "I don't think I'm going to be here next weekend."

"Where are you going to be?"

*****

I pulled up to the driveway of the address I had acquired by asking many people and searching through many resources. I turned the car off and exhaled, trying to calm my nerves. I pushed the car door open and closed it behind me before walking up to the door and pressing the doorbell. I took a step back and crossed my arms over my front, waiting as patiently as I could've for the door to be answered. It took at least three minutes before I heard any sound of movement inside. The door swung open.

"Hi Mr. Jackson. Is Lexy home?" I asked.

"No," He answered sternly, starting to close the door.

I stuck my hand out and stopped it, "Then would you mind telling me where she is? I'd like to talk to her."

"She's not here at the moment, Patrick. Go home." And with that, he slammed the door in my face.

I took in a deep breath before turning on my heel and walking back to my car. I opened my car door to get back in when I looked up and saw Lexy standing in one of the windows on the second floor, looking down at me with hands pressed against the glass. I slowly closed the car door and took a few steps forward. She disappeared for a quick second before returning with a notepad and pen, just like she had when she told me she was moving. She scribbled down something before pressing the notebook against the window.

Come around the side of the house

I nodded my head in understanding and did as she said. I walked around the side and saw a fire escape. She crawled through the window that led to the fire escape and set foot on the rusted metal platform. She looked down at me, a small smile on her face.

"Your dad said you weren't home," I called up to her.

"Yeah, he's telling everyone that who comes to the house asking for me because I'm 'grounded'," She did little air quotes when she said "grounded".

"What'd you do?"

"I don't know," She replied, "I just walked through the door one day and he told me I was grounded. No phone, no human contact. Nothing."

"Harsh. And just for walking through the door, huh?" She nodded her head yes. "Well, are you going to let down your hair so I can climb up, Rapunzel?" I teased.

She smirked, "Very funny, Patrick. But my hair isn't long enough." Her blonde curls just scraped her shoulders. "So unfortunately you're going have to use the ladder."