~PART ONE~ [Chapter 18] It's Not Perfect (Lexy)

(Lexy's POV)

"I miss you too," Patrick told me before kissing me, but just as our lips met, we heard someone clear their throat. We both pulled out of the kiss and saw the guys standing at the other end of the hallway, arms crossed over their chest and smirks on their faces.

"So this is what you left behind?" Pete asked Patrick, who stepped away from me and laughed nervously.

"I thought I saw Lexy in the crowd!" Joe exclaimed as he and the other two started walking up to us, "She was right in the front! Next to Marie!"

"Why didn't you tell us you came back, Lex?" Andy inquired.

"I didn't know I was going to be here until today," I answered honestly, slipping my hands into my jean pockets. "But I guess I should've given you some sort of warning, shouldn't I?"

"No, I'm just glad to see you again," Pete answered, pulling me into a friendly hug, which prompted Joe and Andy to do the same. "So, you and Patrick are finally dating?" He asked, looking at the two of us.

"No," Patrick answered quite quickly. I looked over at him, "No, we're not dating. We're just...together for the weekend."

"Yeah," I agreed half-heartedly. Sure, Patrick and I couldn't date. Long distance never worked, as Catherine liked to say. But to immediately deny it...it just...I don't know. It made me feel like even if we could date that he wouldn't want to. "Yeah..."

"Well why don't you come with us on the tour bus? Like old times?" Andy suggested, speaking as if I had been gone for years. (Though I will admit, living in New Jersey, weeks did feel like years. And even though I had Mikey who made me laugh and smile, I still would much rather be in Illinois.)

"Only if you guys want me to..." I retorted.

"Of course!" Joe, Andy, and Pete exclaimed in unison. I smiled.

*****

Pete handed me his cell phone and allowed me to call Catherine to tell her I was going to be spending the night with a few friends that I met up with at the concert and wasn't sure when I would be coming back, also that she shouldn't worry. Like I said, I was with friends. And I'm sixteen. Knowing Catherine, she'll respect that and let me do what I wanted to do. And it's not like I was lying to her, either. I mean, I did meet up with a few friends. It was just that they were on the stage instead of in the crowd.

She didn't pick up, so I ended up just leaving her a message. I ended the call and handed the phone back to him.

"What'd she say?" Pete asked me, pocketing his cellphone.

"She didn't pick up," I answered, sitting down next to Patrick who hadn't said a word since we got on the tour bus and left the lot. Marie had joined us before we left too. "But she's probably busy anyways, so..."

Patrick slipped his arm behind my back and pulled me close to him, the first sign of affection he's showed me since the guys found us in the hallway. I rested my head on his shoulder and heaved a sigh, curling up beside him. The other guys sat down and the six of us kind of just sat there in silence for a little before Pete blurted out, "How's the song coming, Pattycakes?"

I looked up and was surprised to see a glare absent from Patrick's face. He always got upset when Pete called him Pattycakes. But instead he just shrugged and responded casually, "It's coming."

"What song?" I inquired, sitting up slightly.

"It's nothing," He answered, looking down at me.

"You should sing it for her," Pete suggested, well, more or so urged.