~PART THREE~ [Chapter 43] Ugly Sweater Party - Part Three (Patrick)

(Patrick's POV)

"I'm asking him to come and get me," Lexy replied to me, "To take me home."

My jaw dropped in shock and disbelief. "Why would you do that?" I began to approach her.

"I told you, Patrick," Lexy retorted, "Me coming back was a big mistake."

"No it wasn't!" I yelled, taking her phone out of her hands and ending the call.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, grabbing for her phone, but I just stuck it up high in the air (which wasn't that high, but it was high enough for Lexy not to be able to reach it).

I shook her phone in my hand and said, "You coming back wasn't a mistake, Lex. You calling your dad and asking him to come and get you to take you back to New Jersey...now that would be a big mistake." She finally snatched her phone out of my hands and glared at me.

"Lexy, I want you here," I told her, taking a step closer to her, "With me." I tucked a piece of her even-shorter-than-last-time blonde hair behind her ear and leaned in to kiss her, closing my eyes. But before our lips touched, I heard someone gasp. I glanced over in that direction and saw Elisa standing where I had previously stood before I sat down next to Lexy.

"Is this what you call 'getting some fresh air'?" Elisa shouted at me, storming up to me and pushing me back. I almost tripped on my feet, but I caught myself before I fell back onto the ice. "You call making out with the stupid girl from next door 'getting some fresh air'?" She pushed me once again.

"I didn't make out with her!"

"Oh sure," Elisa retorted sarcastically, pushing me back for a third time, but this time succeeding in making me fall on my ass on the snow covered sidewalk. "What were doing then? Removing an eyelash from her face?"

"No!" I exclaimed, standing back up but keeping a safe distance away from her, in fear she was going to push me again.

"Then what were you doing that close to her face?"

"Look, we didn't do anything, Elisa. So calm your tits." Lexy defended us (I could've done without the last statement) when my girlfriend spun around and shot her index finger in her direction.

"I didn't ask for your side of the story, did I, Goldie Locks?"

"Goldie Locks?" Lexy repeated before Elisa turned around to face me once again.

She walked up to me and grabbed me by the shirt, pulling us so close that our noses were almost touching. "Who's it going to be, Patrick? Me or her?" She released me and took a step back, "If I were you, I'd choose wisely."

My eyes shifted between the two of them.

"You better choose now. Because I don't want to be with you knowing that you don't really love me because you're still in love this little slut over here," She pointed over her shoulder to Lexy.

Lexy scoffed, "Okay, Elisa, what did I do to you to make you hate me so much?"

"You fucked my fucking boyfriend, you whore!" Elisa shouted at her. "That's why!"

"We kissed! Once! That's all!" Lexy cried, "I didn't sleep with him like you slept with Spencer!"

Elisa gasped, "How dare you bring that up!"

Lexy put her hands in the air in innocence.

"But she's telling the truth, Elisa," I interjected. Elisa jerked her head back in my direction. "So she and I kissed one time. Big whoop. You slept with Spencer." Her anger seemed to disappear and be replaced by remorse. "You cheated on me with your ex, Elisa. And you honestly expect me to choose you over her?"

Elisa swallowed hard before saying, "Well...she was with that guy in New
Jersey. So in a sense, she cheated on you too!"

"How did you-" Lexy began to think aloud when Elisa cut her off.

"Patrick..." My girlfriend walked towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck, "Who was there for you when you were going through that whole 'I've changed' phase?"

"Y-You," I answered honestly.

"Right. And who wasn't?"

I looked over Elisa's shoulder at Lexy who was standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. I knew Elisa was looking for my answer to be Lexy, but that wasn't true...entirely. She did pick up when I called her. But then she hung up on me...

"I didn't hear you," Elisa put her hand up to her ear and leaned in, "What did you say? Who wasn't there for you?"

"Lexy," I retorted softly, looking back at Elisa. Lexy hung her head.

"Right. So who are you going to choose?" She ran her fingers through my hair, "The girl who's been there for you through thick and thin? Or the girl who left you behind?"

"I didn't have a choice!" Lexy screamed, tears starting to run down her face. "It wasn't my decision to leave Chicago! It was my-"

"I didn't ask you, did I?" Elisa shouted back at her, looking over her shoulder.

"You know what, Elisa?" Lexy threw her hands in the air and laughed in defeat, "I give up. You can have Patrick all to yourself."

"Lexy..." I muttered, breaking away from Elisa and starting to approach her.

Lexy shook her head no. "No, Patrick. I give up," She shrugged her shoulders and began to back away towards the apartment building. "You win, Elisa. Congratulations." Elisa smiled at Lexy before muttering under her breath, "You fucking win," and turning around, walking into the building.

Elisa walked up behind me and interlocked her fingers with mine. "I don't want you seeing her anymore, Patrick," She told me. I looked down at her. "Because if you do, I will make sure of it that you and I will never see each other again. Ever."