~PART ONE~ [Chapter 13] New Neighbors - Part One (Patrick)

(Patrick's POV)

I was walking home from school, alone. I could only see out of one eye though because I was holding a makeshift ice pack the school nurse made for me that was starting to drip up to the purple-ish blue bruise on my face, thanks to Spencer. The excuse I told the nurse?

"Are you sure you tripped up the stairs and hit your eye on the railing?" The nurse asked me as I sat on one of the many cots in her office and she put ice in a Ziplock sandwich bag. I nodded my head yes. "Yikes," She retorted, sealing the bag, wrapping it with a paper towel, and handing it over to me.

Yep, that was my excuse. And it's going to be the excuse I told everyone else, because no would believe me if I told them Spencer punched me. Because he, along with the other members of Panic!, are adored and praised at our high school. If you ask any of the teachers, the members of Panic! At The Disco are "perfect little angels". Yeah right, maybe Brendon and Ryan, but not Spencer and Dallon.

As I passed by Lexy's old house to get to my house, I couldn't help but notice a moving truck in the driveway. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. Since when has their house been for sale? I walked up the driveway and bumped into a girl around my age (or so it seemed) with dark brown hair and big blue eyes. She was beautiful.

"Hi!" She greeted, smiling. Her smile faded though and her eyes widened, probably noticing the ice pack, "Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just..." I removed the ice pack and showed her my bruise, "I tripped up the stairs at school and hit my eye on the railing."

"Oh, I see." She remarked as I put the ice pack back over my eye.

I nodded my head and there was a short moment of awkward silence between us before I went on to ask, "So, are you the new next door neighbors?" I pointed over to my house, "I live next door."

"Oh cool!" She set the boxes she was carrying in her arms down on the pavement below our feet and stuck her hand out, "My name's Sarah. Sarah Orzechowski."

I placed my free hand in hers and shook it up and down, "Patrick. Patrick Stump." She grinned and bent down to pick up the boxes. "So, you're living here now?" I inquired.

"Yeah, my dad got a job transfer so we had to pack up everything and move. When my dad saw the house on the market, he immediately snatched it up."

I nodded my head, "Nice."

"Yeah, well I really should get back to bringing things into the house," She said before walking up the sidewalk to the front door I had passed through countless times. I turned around to walk over to my house. "It was nice meeting you, Patrick! Maybe I'll see you in school!" She called after me. I glanced over my shoulder at her and grinned. She spun around and walked inside the house.

I walked over the lawn to my house, walked in and threw my backpack down on the ground. "I'm home, mom!" I announced as I walked into the living room where my mom was trying this new work out thing.

"Hey Patrick!" She exclaimed as she started jogging in place, "How was school today?"

"I got punched in the face, but..." I started to say when she gasped and paused the VHS tape, looking back at me and her jaw dropping.

"You got punched in the face? Who did this to you?" She asked as she removed the ice pack and directed me into the kitchen, where she sat me down on a bar stool and went to get me a new ice pack.

"Spencer..." I answered as I hung my head.

"Is that the boy from that one band? What's their name? Party...Pager...Panel..."

"Panic! At The Disco, mom, their name is Panic! At The Disco," I reminded her as she walked back over to me and pressed the ice pack against my eye.

"Oh yeah," She retorted, "Panic! At The Disco.  God, I just hate those boys!"

"They're not all bad..."

"I don't care," She sat back in the barstool next to mine, "If they beat my son up and give him a black eye, then I hate them. Regardless if they're not all bad." I hung my head.

"So, did you meet the new neighbors?" I asked my mom, seeing as she was home all day. And the...whatever Sarah said her last name was, probably didn't just get here. They had boxes everywhere outside.

"New neighbors?" She asked me, "What new neighbors?"

"The Or...the Orzech..." I sighed. I was never going to get her last name. "I don't know how to pronounce it. But they have a daughter named Sarah. I met her walking home from school. She was in the driveway and she and I talked for a little."

"Ooh, Sarah," My mom nudged me in the arm. I gave her a weird look. Since when has she turned into matchmaker? Has she been talking to Pete?

"I don't like her like that, mom," I stood up with the new ice pack and turned away, murmuring under my breath, "I don't like anyone like that anymore."

I walked upstairs to my room and my mom went back to doing her stupid work out. I closed my bedroom door behind me and flopped down on my bed. I turned my head and saw the picture of Lexy and me from homecoming, one we took before I went to perform. It was her pretending to kiss my cheek. (I think it was Pete's idea.)

I heaved a sigh and wondered if I should call her. I got up and walked over to the desk where my phone was and picked it up, I began to dial her number when I remember her whole "this is goodbye" speech. I hesitantly placed the phone back down on the receiver and turned around, looking out the window that faced Lexy's old hour and bedroom and saw Sarah setting a box down. She stood back up and looked out her window to see me. She smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that I WILL be updating this book twice a week - every Friday (like normal) and although I'm updating today, every Tuesday starting next week. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this chapter! -Rachael