~PART THREE~ [Chapter 45] Call Them (Patrick)

(Patrick's POV)

Andy, Joe, and I were at the club, in the back, practicing for the show we were going to put on in about fifteen minutes. Or should be, if Pete showed up.

"Okay, seriously, where is Pete?" Andy asked the question on all of our minds, "We have to go on in fifteen minutes!"

"Maybe you should call him," Joe suggested. Just as Andy pulled out his phone to call Pete, the door to the room we were in flew open.

"Sorry we're late, guys!" Pete exclaimed as he rushed into the room, Catherine following behind him. The two of them were slightly out of breath. "We got stuck in traffic."

"If you want to call fucking each other 'stuck in traffic', by all means, go for it, but you don't need to lie to us," Joe retorted while tuning his guitar. Pete shot a glare in his direction.

"It doesn't matter," I butted in, standing up and handed Pete his bass, "You're here and that's all that matters." Pete took his bass into his possession as Catherine kissed him on the cheek and wished him luck before leaving the room, most likely going to join Elisa, Marie, and Jackie who were sitting together in the main room of the club, waiting for us to go on.

"I invited Lexy," Pete blurted out as he strapped his bass over his shoulder. I glanced over at him, expecting him to say more, but that's all he said.

"And...?" I inquired.

"And...what?" Pete retorted with a slightly chuckle.

"Is she here?"

He shook his head no and I sighed in relief. "She said she wasn't feeling well. She's been saying that a lot lately. Catherine's really worried about her."

"Aww, I hope she feels better soon," Andy interjected, spinning his drumsticks between his fingers.

"Yeah, me too," Joe added.

I remained silent, knowing she didn't stay home because she "wasn't feeling well".

Just then, the door clicked open and the club manager stuck his head in. "You guys ready?" He asked us. We nodded our heads and he directed us out towards the main room of the club, where everyone started screaming and cheering.

As we stepped onto the makeshift stage, I couldn't help but start to scan the room. I found the table the girls were sitting at, clapping and screaming our names like everyone else in the bar. I knew if Lexy was here, she'd be doing that too. But I told her not to come. And she didn't. So I shouldn't be upset she's not there.

I grabbed onto the microphone and adjusted it to fit my height, looking over at Pete and seeing him plug his bass into one of the amps. I heaved a sigh and looked back out at the crowd, speaking into the microphone and laughing, "Holy smokes, guys. Hi. How are we doing?" The screaming got louder. I smiled. "That's awesome. Hey, we're going to play some of our new songs from our upcoming album. Alright?" The cheering amplified once more. I smirked and stepped back from the microphone, taking my guitar from one the bar employees who handed it to me from the side. Andy started playing the drums and we began playing our new song I Don't Care.

*****

We ended this show like any other show with the song from our first album - Saturday. I don't think we've ever had such a small amount of people be that excited to see us. But then again, we were at a club and alcohol was undoubtedly involved.

Pete, Joe, and I shared a few complimentary rounds of shots backstage once the show was over (Andy declined), just before our girlfriends came back to congratulate us on a great show.