~PART ONE~ [Chapter 20] Call Me (Lexy)

(Lexy's POV)

I was on the tour bus alone. The guys were on stage and Marie and their manager were most likely backstage, waiting for them to finish so they could escort them out of the venue and get back to the bus.

I was sitting on the floor in the middle fo the bunks with Patrick's notebook in my lap. As I was walking into the back of the bus to go to the bathroom, I saw Patrick's notebook peeking out from underneath his pillow. Curiosity about the song he said wasn't perfect for me got the best of me and I had taken it out of its hiding place.

So there I was, sitting cross-legged on the dirty floor of the narrow hallway, reading the lyrics he had written down on a page titled "Bang The Doldrums".

In the distance, I could hear the crowd going wild as they finished the song they had just played. I think it was "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'". There was some talking that I didn't quite catch before the next song started.

"I'm good to go
And I'm going nowhere fast
It could be worse
It could be taking you there with me..."

*****

"...In the wake of Saturday
Saturday
When these open doors were open-ended
Saturday
When these open doors were open-ended
Saturday."

The cheer and applause was the loudest it had been all night. Stupidly, I hadn't realized that "Saturday" was going to be their last song and before I knew it, the guys and Marie were back on the bus.

"I don't know what we're doing, guys, but it's working," Joe's voice sounded excitedly. My head jerked up from the notebook and I looked over my shoulder at the closed door behind me.

"Maybe this summer we can start touring," Pete suggested.

I panicked and threw Patrick's notebook back under his pillow, jumping to my feet and looking to my left and right. They can't find me. Then Patrick will know I was invading his privacy.

"Remember Joe and I are still going to be in school," Patrick's voice sounded, followed by a few footsteps.

It was a matter of seconds before I was found, so I did the first thing I could think of - act like I was sleeping. I jumped into Patrick's bunk and pulled the curtain shut, turning my body away from the curtain.

"I'm not talking about touring through the school year, dumbass," Pete retorted, "You're a senior anyways, if I was talking about touring through the school year, it wouldn't matter. You're not going to college, are you?"

"No."

The door to the back clicked open.

"Then you're good."

"But what about me?" Andy's voice butted in, "I was accepted into The University of Milwaukee Wisconsin and I'm starting next semester."

"But I'm not talking about the school year, guys! I'm talking about the summer! We'll have tons of time!"

"I was actually planning on visiting Lexy over the summer," The lead singer informed his friends. "I imagined you guys would come along too. By then, the song would've been finished and I would've been ready to perform it for her. But no, you had to screw things up, Pete, and urge me to play it for her last night. Then I got my hands on a bottle of whiskey because I was getting stressed out and now Lexy hates me because I'm drinking again. Worst possible way to end this-" The curtain flew to the side and he cut himself short. I tensed up. "Holy smokes," He muttered under his breath.