Ice skating

-Emily's POV-
I was so excited to go ice skating with the boys. I was oddly good at ice skating and also roller blading and things like that, so once I hit the ice I was goin.
The other boys unfortunately were struggling. They were all hanging on the wall, besides Alex who was kind of scooting along. I had passed them for the third time already, and they were so annoyed.
"What guys? Are you struggling?" I laugh, skating backwards.
"I swear she's an Olympic athlete." Josh huffs.
"Or my balance is just really good!" I shrug.
I grab ahold of Alex's hand and pull him along with me.
"See once you get going, it's easier to keep balance." I state.
"Well yeah now that you're holding onto me!" He laughs.
"I'm gonna let go okay? You're gonna kick with your feet so you continue to go." I chuckle.
He nods his head and I let go and spin so I'm skating backwards, facing him.
"Okay look! You're doing it!" I smile. "Just push a bit harder!"
"That's what she said!" He laughs, causing him to lose his balance.
I grab his hand and help him stabilize again. I turn back normal and we hold hands and we Cruise around the rink.
"Oh you guys piss off! We can't even get off the wall." Will grunts.
Alex and I laugh as we pass them again.
"I'm gonna go cheer George up okay?" I say.
"Yeah ill catch up." Alex smiles.
I skate up behind George, who's still latched onto the wall and then turn around and skate backwards to look at him.
"Hey are you doing alright?" I ask.
"Yeah.  This is nice. Kinda." He huffs.
"Here let me help pal." I laugh.
I do the same as I did with Alex, and pull him along and make him laugh a bit.
"Here watch this." I grin.
I go out a bit further in front of what's now all of the boys, and do a few spins.
"Jesus." Josh huffs as he loses his balance.
"What? They aren't THAT hard." I giggle.
"Okay no more sports for you, because that's unfair." Will adds.

We continue to skate along, me mostly just hanging with George, making the him laugh by making the other boys mess up. It seems to be working, and then I got a phone call from Beth.
I can see that George saw my phone, so I assure him I'll help, and then skate ahead so I can speak in private.
"Hey girly what's up?" I chirp.
"So I'm pretty sure I broke George's heart and I really didn't mean to. Yes I did tell him I was busy with my mum and yes he did see me with my ex at the store but that's not even what happened at all. I've tried to tell him but he just shuts me out and doesn't want to talk." She says.
"Okay well, we're out ice skating, so if you want to head over to the apartment, I can keep them busy a bit longer if you want to get something set up in his room for him! I bet he'd love that and then he'd have no choice but the listen!" I smile.
"Sounds great I knew you'd understand my mum wasn't just sick and I ran to the grocery for her and my ex just happened to be there, and of course we aren't on bad terms so I stopped to talk for a minute and then I saw George and I knew he-"
"Beth it's alright, there's a spare key under the mat. We'll be back in an hour or so." I laugh.
"You're a life saver." She says before hanging up.
I put my phone back in my pocket and skate up to Alex and grab his hand, causing him to get startled and then pull us both down.
"Haha she finally messed up!!" Will cheers.
"Oh shut up." I sigh.
We both get up and start skating again.
"Sorry about that bear." Alex says all embarrassed.
"It's alright. Beth is going over to the flat to surprise George." I whisper.
He shoots me a look, a happy one and then plants a kiss on my cheek.
"We have to keep them busy for at least another hour." I say.
"Well want to skate for a bit longer than go get some food?" He suggests.
"Sounds fun, you guys should race around or something, it'll keep them busy." I laugh.
"Alright josh, will, George. we're racing. 3 times around, whoever wins, Emily will pay for their meal!" Alex grins.
"Wait I never said I w-"
"Ready go!" Alex says.
Great. Well at least it's helping George and now Beth has plenty of time.

"Okay that's not fair em helped him skate better!" Josh whines.
Of course Alex won, which I knew he probably would, since I did spend most of my time teaching him.
"Hey a bet is a bet."I shrug.
"And now you're not paying for anything." Alex whispers.
"Hey! Yes I am, that was the deal!" I cry.
I knew he would pull something like this, he always finds a way for me to not have to spend my money on anything else but myself.
We'll see." He smirks.

We skated for about 30 more minutes giving Beth a good chunk of time to get what she needs. We ended up going to Taco Bell, of course by my begging, and we all sat down inside to eat instead of getting it to-go.
Of course Alex fought me on who was paying, so I made a mental note of how much to slip in his wallet later.
We all sit down and eat and talk for a bit. Before I realized, 45 minutes have passed and Beth is probably wondering where the hell we are.
Me: hey do you need more time or are you ready?
Beth: you guys can come whenever you're ready, but make sure he goes in his room by himself if ya know what I mean.
Me: oh god. 😂
We then decide to head back home.

Once we get home, everything is normal, I'm guessing she only did things in George's room. The other boys head home and Alex and I watch George as he enters his room.
"Oh, Beth oh my god." He says.

——————-
Hey guys I'm writing a George Miller/ joji fic, it'll be a bit darker than this writing style is, but it won't be up for a bit, I always like to have more than one chapter out when I start books :) I'll let you know when I'm gonna publish? Do you like joji? Do you think you'll read mine? :) let me know