Operation and Recovery

*58 minutes later*
SHANNONS POV.
We didn't bother trying to explain to Malia what was happening. She wouldn't understand so we just told her that the doctors are going to make her all better. Conor was different ever since the doctor told him that she had to go for surgery, he wouldn't leave Malias side. While everyone was talking, he played with Malia. Like it was her last hour with him... Is Conor worried that he won't see Malia again? The doctor told us there wouldn't be any serious complications so he shouldn't worry.
CONORS POV.
Honestly, I was so scared to let my little angel go to her operation. So many things can go wrong with operations and i'm not prepared in the slightest to think about saying goodbye to her. She'll be okay though. Well that's what I keep telling myself anyway..
The doctor walked in, instead of bringing her to the operation room to put her to sleep, he decided it would be best to do it with people she's familiar with so it's less of a scare to her. He tried to put the oxygen mask on her face but she whacked it away, he tried again and she wouldn't let him. I sighed before holding her so the doctor could put it on her. She screamed and cried trying to get out my grip before she slowly fell under. That was the worst thing I ever had to do. I hurt my girls trust and it only brought back flashbacks of when I hit Shan and broke her trust.
"She'll be back before you know it." The doctor said patting my back as I shoved my head in my hands.
"Take care of her doc." Lucy said grabbing his arm before he left.
"She's in the best of hands." he reassured us before leaving, closing the door behind him.
Seconds went by like hours. The room was silent apart from my loud breaths. All I could think about was what they were doing to Malia right now. I couldn't cope with it.
"Jack can we all take Jayden for a walk to the park next to the hospital please? I can't stay in this stupid hospital room."
"Yeah sure Con, that sounds like a good idea." everyone agreed with little murmers. As everyone left the room slowly, I hugged Shan holding her close to me.
"Every day. The events of me hitting you. They replay in my head. And I regret every single action of mine. So I am so sorry for that." I just let my feelings pour out of me.
One of her hands traveled to the side of my face with the other tangled in my hair. "Con, I moved past them events a day after it happened. You should move on too. Don't let it drag you down." She went onto her tip toes and kissed my nose before walking out the room. I fixed my hair the best I could and walked out behind her. She smiled up at me and held her hand out for me, I smiled back and grabbed her hand before we jogged to catch up with the others.
At the park.
SHANNONS POV.
It seemed Conor was in such a better mood at the park. He was running about with Jayden and Jack and it made my heart warm up to see him smile and laugh. Joe came to sit beside me.
"You okay little sis?" He said throwing his hand around me.
"Yeah i'm okay, I'm glad to see Conor happier. He's been so miserable lately, it just makes me feel happier that he feels abit better." He smiled.
"Malias a strong one, you both got to realise that. She's not giving up any time soon. She's got plenty of health and life left."
I smiled and rested my head against his chest. I couldn't wait for this man to have his own children. He's going to be such an amazing dad to them.
AFTER THE OPERATION...
Malia had returned to the room just after we got back. She was pale and looked so little, so different laying there. It genuinely scared me. The doctors said the anesthetic should wear off after around 10 minutes so we sat around her bed so when she woke up she wasn't alone. This is the start to her speedy recovery.
It had been around 12 minutes and her big blue eyes opened slowly. I had never been more relieved to see her. We all piled around her hugging her.
"What happened?" she asked rubbing her eyes.
"hey mummy, daddy! my belly doesn't hurt! the doctors fixed me!" She was so happy.
"Yeah baby, the doctors fixed you" She jumped and hugged everyone with the biggest smile on her face. When she got to Conor, she jumped up into his arms giving him the longest cuddle ever.
"See daddy, I told you I'd be ok!" We all just laughed as Conor twirled her around.
"You sure did princess." he kissed her face all over.
Next minute, we heard little footsteps run into the room "May May" Charlottes little voice echoed through the room as she ran up and hugged Malia. Dianne come through a few seconds later. Malia was sat on the floor with Autumn and Charlotte telling them both what had happened as me, Conor and the others just sat relieved and happy that she was back. I missed her small smile and laugh. She's the biggest blessing of my life.