Pieters day out.

LUCYS POV.
It was noon. Charlotte was off playing in her room and Romeo was sleeping in his cot beside us. I was laid on Joshs chest listening to his soft heartbeat while he played with my hair.
The Maynards had all gone on holiday so it was just us and Anth around. Anth had recently moved to London in an attempt to make amends with everyone and so far he's been so helpful and kind.
"JOSHHHHHHHHHH" I groaned in his ear.
He chuckled in response. "What's up?"
"I'm soooooo bored." I threw my head off the side of the bed.
"Let's do something then. I'll get Romeo ready and you get Charlotte ready and we'll all go out." He looked over at the door.
"CHARLOTTE?" He shouted out into the hall.
Her little feet could be heard.
"Yeah daddy?" she looked so adorable. Her brown hair was in a messy bun and her eyes were puffy from waking up still.
"Would you like to go out somewhere?"
Her eyes lit up. "oh my god! yes! can we go get waffles and strawberries. Oh and a smoothie and then before the waffles get pizza." She went on.
"Sure hunny. Let's go get you dressed." I laughed and brought her into her room after giving Josh a quick kiss.

I walked into her wardrobe and picked out a yellow denim jacket, a white top and black skinny jeans. She chose her nike air high tops and two yellow velvet scrunchies.
"Can you do my hair in two space buns please mummyyyy?" She looked at me with her big blue eyes.
"Yeah, sit down and i'll do them you." She clapped and I did them perfectly.
She looked amazing.

I just left my natural hair down, put on an oversized graphic tee, ripped white shorts and yellow sunglasses

I just left my natural hair down, put on an oversized graphic tee, ripped white shorts and yellow sunglasses. It wasn't much but it was enough. I slipped on my yellow FILAs and took my daughters hand down the steps.
5 minutes later, Josh came down holding Romeo in his car seat. Josh had on his usual which was a white shirt and black jeans, his hair styled to perfection. Romeo had on a cute baby blue adidas tracksuit, white high tops and a little white beanie that couldn't hide some of his little brown curls. My children are the most beautiful humans alive.
Charlie jumped on Joshs back and I took Romeo as we all walked along the street nearing the pizzeria.
We sat down at a corner table and started to look through the menu.
"I want..... a chicken pizza with french fries and a kiwi smoothie." Charlotte closed her menu and smiled widely at us.
"Ok. I'll have a meat feast with french fries and a figi water." Josh copied her and closed his menu.
I laughed at them and began ordering our food. The whole time was so good. Romeo babbled and laughed at some things and Charlotte did her best impression of James Charles. Josh almost started a food fight and I had to be the adult as always and stop them wrecking the entire place.
After Charlotte had then finished her waffles and strawberries, it was time to start heading home. Romeo began to get fidgety and Charlie was full and tired. The same process of Charlie laying on Joshs back happened but this time I held Romeo in my arms while he snuggled into my shirt. We payed and thanked the service before we started to walk home.
The walk was around 10 minutes but in that time Charlotte had fell to sleep and Romeo was letting out little snores from my arms.
Josh opened the house and took Charlotte into her room, I followed him up but went into our room to get changed and to lay Romeo down to rest. I stole one of Josh's hoodies and stuck my hair into a messy bun. He changed into some shorts and we disappeared downstairs to watch a film together on the settee.
After a lot of disagreements and arguing we finally decided on 'The Bye-Bye Man.' we've both heard it's jumpy but it's an extra excuse to cuddle into Josh whenever it's a jump scene or I get scared so i'm not complaining.
JOSHS POV.
We was half way through the film and I keep glancing down at Lucy to see her nails sunken deep into my arm and her eyes are alert waiting for anything to jump. She had squealed and jumped so much from this film and it's the cutest thing to watch. Lucy is always this girl with the 'idgaf' and 'nobody scares me' attitude so to see her so sensitive and jumpy is adorable and funny since she's scared of a film but not by real life situations.
20 minutes later..
I looked down at my beautiful girl to see her head resting against my arm and her eyes closed shut. She looked so peaceful. I kissed her head and played with her hair for a while as I admired the gorgeous face in front of me.
How did I manage to get so lucky?...
I snapped out of my thoughts and slid my hand underneath her back and knees and lifted her up gently carrying her bridal style to our bed. I carefully placed her down as she stirred around but soon fell back to sleep. Today has been so good. I love spending time with my family. I drifted off to sleep with all the fresh memories from today etched in my mind and a big smile that would be unhideable.