Bad Blood

Kongpob's

"You look exhausted."

It's Aim. My best friend.

"I am exhausted."

I yawn and brush the heavy feeling of sleepiness from under my eyes. I feel some eye bags there.

"What? From reviewing?"

More like from attending a Taylor Swift concert last night.

I shrug. "You could say that."

"Dude, three weeks before the exam and you're already reviewing?"

"I'm sorry if I love reviewing and I don't want to procrastinate."

Aim chuckles and shakes his head. "What happened to you yesterday anyway? You moved into your new apartment right?"

"Yeah. It's a disaster."

Aim looks excited at my own expense. He excitedly sits beside me and leans forward. "Oh, do tell."

Why I befriended a busybody really eludes me.

"Well, for one, the elevator fucked me up, it wasn't moving when I wanted to use it so I had to pull my luggage all the way up to the 10th floor but it turned out it's in good condition when I was about to enter the room. The room's okay tho but the neighbor is not."

"Why?"

I sigh. I can still feel myself raging. "My neighbor decided to play non-stop Taylor Swift songs at 12 midnight, and dude let me tell you, it's all loud and echoing through my walls. All heartbreaking songs. I'm guessing, she must have been cheated on or probably, her asshole of a boyfriend broke up with her."

"Oh. So did you talk to her then?"

"Well, no. I haven't seen her. I don't want any drama, it's enough that her boyfriend broke up with her so even it's making me mad so much I'm on the verge of flipping the room over, I controlled myself."

"Then how come you know it's a she?"

I look at him funnily because duh girls who are suffering from heartbreak are the ones who mostly listen to Taylor Swift. Like my sister.

"Heartbroken girls are the only ones listening to her."

"That's stereotyping Kong. Even straight guys love her, like me. I think she's a bop, her songs are great, you should listen to it sometimes."

Listen to it? Useless. I'm already forced to listen to it. And I think it will mostly become night by night thing.

I roll my eyes at Aim. It's no secret that his girlfriend, May, is a Taylor Swift fan and he is whipped to May so that makes him a Taylor Swift fan because he's an idiot.

"You are just saying that because you're practically worshipping May."

He blushes. I know I'm right.

"At first, yes, but when I listen to her songs, those are really good. I swear, they are the songs of my life. I can relate to it. I sometimes listen to her whenever I'm reviewing."

"No wonder you cry during the exam."

"Oh, haha. Very funny. Look Kong, if you're so allergic to Taylor Swift-"

"I'm not. It's not her I hate but it's the loudness of the music. I tried stuffing my ears with my earbuds and listening to some classical songs but I can still hear her. And you know me, I can't concentrate with so much noise and so I waited until 3 AM. Can you believe that? 3 AM? I was about to review but I have no life to do it anymore so yeah, I stayed until dawn just to hear Taylor Swift. I can still hear her until now. Everything around me sounds like her."