This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Kongpob's

Before I came back to my apartment from school, I went to the nearest shop where I could buy pink milk and bought two for P'Arthit and one for me.

When I arrive at my apartment floor earlier, he's already waiting for me while leaning on my door.

When he sees me, he skips in front of me and gets the cups from my hands.

He has his eyes widened and he has a wide smile. "You bought me 3?"

"No. The other's mine."

"But I thought you said you don't like sweet drinks?"

Did I say that to him?

"I liked it yesterday and I just want to drink it again."

"Are you sure it's not because you like me and want to know the taste of my lips?"

"No."

"Okay. Whatever you say."

I turn the doorknob and opened my door when I saw him about to enter, I stop him. "Where are you going?"

"What? I'm going to your room."

"Why?"

He crosses his arms. "Why? Do you want me to be in my room and play music instead? You pick."

I roll my eyes and open the door wide for him. "Come inside but don't you dare disturb me later on while I review."

"I can't promise that."

At the present, I'm happy to say that I can finally review without P'Arthit disturbing me since he has stopped blasting Taylor's songs for today.

The reason?

He's literally beside me at the moment, his head leaning on my shoulder while he drinks his second pink milk for the day but I paid him no mind. I reckon, if he's going to stay quiet, I can review quietly. It's a win-win. Plus, I kind of... maybe... like him plastered by my side. He's just warm and I need warmth. I mean, everyone needs warmth, right?

"You look so handsome when you're serious Kong."

I look at him. He's smiling at me. Damn it. He's done drinking his pink milk. I should've bought him a bottomless glass of pink milk.

I turn the page of my book and continue answering the given problem. "Stop talking. I'm reviewing."

"But it's just so quiet here!" He whines as he leans on me more, putting more weight on me.

I slightly shove him away from me but he doesn't budge one bit. "I didn't invite you here."

"Okay then I'm going back to my room and turn on my speaker instead, you want that?"

He stands up but I pull him back beside me again. He smiles and leans on me again.

"Okay... just stay here."

"Can I play music then?"

"No."

He puts his chin on my shoulder and from the corner of my eye, I can see him pouting. He wraps his hands around my arm and shakes me very hard. "But Kong! Please? The silence is making me deaf, please Kong? Please? I need Tay's voice. I'm going crazy."

What does he mean by going crazy? He's already crazy!

"No."

"Please? I'm going to cry if you won't let me listen to her."

"Be my guest."

He inhales and, "Kong!" He's obviously faking his cry by obnoxiously wailing beside me. Fuck.