Dress

Arthit's

One week after, we went back to our normal lives before we came into each other's lives. I went back to listening to my loud music and annoying him, the only difference is this time, I didn't hear him complaining at me anymore.

It's like both of us are non-existent to each other.

Whenever we saw each other at the elevator, or if we both happened to come in our apartment at exactly the right time (which happens almost every day because destiny likes to fuck up our lives), we would just smile and left.

We just sort of gave up with each other. With the situation. With the complication. With whatever's going between the two of us.

However, I usually play 'Dress' hoping Kong would understand what I'm trying to say to him because I know that he knows I play what's my mood for the day.

All of this silence and patience, pining in anticipation
My hands are shaking from holding back from you (ah, ah, ah)

I really thought that was the end of it. Us just forever ignoring each other.

/

One day changed everything.

One day, as I am walking coming back from my school, I see a moving-out truck park in front of our apartment building. I was about to ignore it but then I see Kong talking to the driver of the truck and then it hit me, he's moving out. I'm never going to see him again.

I feel like someone poured me a cold bucket of water. Why is he moving out? Where is he going?

He's leaving me? He can't do this to me. This isn't how our story's going to end.

I gulp any remaining of my pride and ego. I can't lose him.

"Kong!" I shout.

When he looks at me, I run to him and throw myself to him. He almost falls back but he's able to catch and balance the two of us.

"P'?"

I cup his cheeks. I feel tears beginning to come out of my eyes. Large beads of tears at first until they turn into waterfalls. "Kong, please don't leave me."

"No P', you don't understand-" I shake my head. He's the one who can't understand.

I sob harder. "Kong, please, let's fix this, this is all just a petty misunderstanding. I'm not letting our story turns to shit."

"What are you saying P'?"

I put my forehead on his and stare right through his eyes. "I love you."

"What?" He pulls slightly away from me but I push myself more.

"I know. I'm sorry I love you. I'm sorry I kissed you that night. I'm sorry I'm so gay for you. I know you're creeped out right now. I know that you're straight but please don't leave me, it's okay if we just remain as friends. Just stop ignoring me, Kong. I can't take it anymore. I don't want to act like I don't care when it's hurting me so much. I love you."

"P'-"

"Please, take me back again Kong. Please? I'm begging you."

He bumps his nose to mine. "I love you too P'."

"Are you saying that because I said I love you or-"

"I love you P', honest."

I smack his chest. He's such an idiot. We could've avoided all this drama if he just confessed to me. "Then why the fuck did you ignore me if you love me?! That's not how you love a person you fool."