Enchanted

Arthit's

Another song starts playing. It's still Tay's, well, of course, it is. I was the one who arranged this night's playlist, I requested it to Mae. I laugh at the thought that Kong still doesn't know that my Mae IS the landlady. Poor Kong. Isn't he shocked I don't get reported to the landlady?

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place.

The program's about to start and Kong's still not here. I stand up and look around hoping to see him but I didn't see him, even a strand of his hair. That shit.

Where is he?!

I sit near the door at the very back of the room hoping no one would talk to me. I just want a night without everyone being fake with me just because I'm the son of the landlady. Fuck them, they won't get a discount from me because I know they talk shit behind my back of me being gay, some even talked of me being a slut. Honestly, what's wrong with being in love with Taylor. Pft. Uncultured swine.

"Good evening, Oon." A middle-aged woman greets me, she's been nice to me ever since we met so I give her a genuine smile.

"Good evening P'Oon." Don't call me Oon.

It's her daughter who's obviously flirting with me. Disgusting.

"Good evening." I fake a smile but goodness I just want to roll my eyes at her. She can't take a hint, she's been like this ever since she met me at the elevator a few months ago.

"You look dashing P'Oon." I wish I could say the same thing to you.

Her mother starts walking away but she remains in front of me.

"Thank you," She tilts her head probably hoping I'll say the same thing. I cough, she looks at me with her hopeful eyes. This is awkward. I fake a smile. "You are too."

She blushes and bites her lower lip. "Thank you P'Oon!" She looks around. Can't she just leave me? "You have a nice party by the way."

"It's not my party."

"Yeah, but it's your-"

"It's not mine."

She awkwardly laughs. "Err, nice song. Is this Ariana's?"

I snort. "It's Taylor's."

She frowns. "Oh. Taylor. That singer who writes songs about her ex-boyfriends, petty if you ask me. She has lots of boyfriends. She sounds mediocre, if you ask me." Well, no one is asking you girl.

Also, she dare slander Taylor in front of me?

I roll my eyes at her and this time, I did it when she can clearly see me. She must be taken aback because she steps back from me. "I love Taylor Swift. I'm the one who did the playlist for tonight's party."

"Oh." She sounds disappointed. Please. I'm more disappointed that you're talking to me.

"I think your mother's calling for you."

"Oh yeah. Bye!" She walks away from me immediately but not before giving me one last horrified look. Bitch.

Walls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy

I look around. Some people are giving me looks but I hardly care what they're thinking. They can shove their nasty opinions up their homophobic insecure asses. They don't know the real me anyway.

I hear some people around me commenting about the songs and if I ever hear them calling me names, I ignore them but I feel my throat constricting and my eyes getting wet. Thank goodness, the place is dimly lit.