Speak Now

Arthit's

Ever since that day I puked on Kong, I myself decided to distance away from him. It was just so embarrassing. I don't know if I could ever face him again without remembering the fact that I practically forced myself on him and that I puked on him. It's a double disaster.

To be honest, I didn't remember anything that had happened that night, I just woke up the morning after on Kong's bed, all alone. On his bedside table is a note together with an aspirin and a glass of water.

The note said 'Early class. Cure your hangover P' and please don't get drunk next time'.

I just knew it from my Mae who pulled me in her office and let me watch the CCTV record of that night and there, I saw myself wanting to kiss Kong and vomiting on him.

"Hahahahaha. You're the best. Oon, look at you here. That's disgusting but also very funny!" Mae laughs at me right after we watched the video. She's already crying from too much laughing.

I grumble, "Mae, it's not funny, okay? Stop laughing."

"But it's so funny hahha. This is my 5th time watching it and it's still so funny to me."

I hug Mae and lean my head on her shoulder. "Oh Mae, it will be such a huge turn-off. He won't like me even more."

She caresses my hair. "He will, you are easy to be loved. He loves you. Look at how he looks at you here. His eyes hold so much love for you."

"But what is he thinking right now? He probably thinks I'm disgusting."

She pats my cheek. "Look, if he doesn't return your love, I'm going to send him a notice again."

"Mae, don't bully him!"

"Okay. I'm just going to raise his rent."

"I said don't bully him Mae. He's already broke because his parents are punishing him. Mae, you should give him a discount."

"I will give him a discount if he's already your boyfriend. I would love him to be your boyfriend Oon, he's such a nice kid and so fun to tease." She is my mother.

"Stop teasing him."

"My office is boring. Of course, I need to play cupid. Of all the rooms available at that time, why do you think I put him beside your room in the first place?"

I pull away from her. "What? This is your plan from the start?"

"Yes. Your Mae is so genius. When I see him entering my office, I just knew he's the one for you. Mothers' instincts"

"Why him?"

"Why not him? You two fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. You're immature, insensitive, always want to have fun and you have no sense of responsibility at all while he's your polar opposite. He's mature for his age and responsible, plus, he looks handsome and charming." I have to commend my Mae. She really describes me so well. I feel like a perfect son.

She suddenly laughs, "My friends will gonna be so jealous of me because I have a perfect son-in-law."

"Your son is already perfect."

"Whose son are you talking about? You're my only son."

I hug her again. "But we're not together Mae."

"You will. I'm telling you. Now don't fret and let's just watch this video together. Come on, I want you to see his reaction."

"Mae!"

Until now, my Mae has no intention of making me forget the disastrous thing I've done. She called me a while ago and when I enter her office and see her laughing alone while watching something, I know damn well it's the CCTV record she's watching.