I Knew You Were Trouble

Kongpob's

Not a day later, I decided to beg my room back from my parents although I didn't crawl. But if they want me to, I will, just for them to take me back. I just want to be out of that hell.

So here I am, standing in front of our door.

I contemplate knocking but I realize this is my house too so I just enter without knocking and I find my parents playing Twister™.

Damn. I can't believe they are my parents.

You don't know how awkward it is to see my Mae bent on top of my Por in an awkward position, it's shocking her bones can still bend in that way.

Besides them, one of my sisters, P'Kik, is laughing when my Por attempts to put his hand on the red part making my Mae fall on the floor with a hard thud.

And they all laugh. All of them. It's a picture-perfect family. Of them laughing.

They still haven't noticed me in front of them.

I scoff. While their son is in agony, they are here, having fun on their own. Wow. I just love my family so much.

I cough. They all look at me. Finally.

"Why are you here?" P'Kik.

Wow. I feel the love. Sometimes I ask, am I really a member of the family?

I sit beside P'Kik. "What? This is my house too."

"Not until you learn the meaning of independence, this isn't your house." Mae.

"P'Kik is older than me but she's still here with you, how is that different with me?"

"I don't waste my money on any collection."

I glare at her. It's not just a collection, it's more than that. It's practically my life.

"I have already learned my lesson. Just take me back."

"Why?" Mae looks at me with a glare, I gulp. "What did you do with the money we gave you? Did you buy it with another Pikachu?"

Great, she trusts me so much and she said this isn't my punishment for that pokemon collection? Right.

"What? Of course not. I've rented an apartment like what you told me but I just can't live there anymore."

"Why not?" Por asks, wiping the sweat on his forehead.

"My neighbor, they are so annoying. They are blasting Taylor Swift songs in the middle of the night every night. I can't focus, I need to review. I might just fail my test if I continue living there, you don't want it, right?"

I see Por deep in thoughts, of course, he doesn't want his favorite son to fail any of his exams. I smirk internally, I just need to pull the right cards.

But before Por can agree with me and let me go back here, P'Kik squeals.

"What? Why do you want to move then? It's Tay, you uncultured swine. I wanna be best friends with them. If I were you, I'd be happy to live there."

I smile at her. "Oh look Mae, P'Kik wants to swap with me. I'll be happy then, you can pack your things now and I'll bring mine later. Go. Bye. Or just drop my thing here, I'll wait."

She slaps me on the head. "I said if I were you but I'm not you."

"But you love that, right? Free Taylor Swift concert every night?"

"But I can have a Free TS concert every night in the comforts of my own room especially now that my annoying brother isn't living beside me and complaining every single time. It's your karma, you always complain about my loud music, now you found the person to deal with."