Fearless

Arthit's

There's somethin' bout the way
The street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow off the pavement

The plan to watch the sunrise was all destroyed when the rain starts pouring in. As soon as we feel little drops of water from the sky, Kong and I immediately go down from the hood.

You walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot
Yeah

He pulls his pullover over him and he pulls me to go inside the car but I stop him.

"P', let's go, come inside, we're going to get wet. It's raining hard."

Through the pattering sound of the rain, I look at his eyes and tell him. "Kong, let's dance."

"What? It's raining."

"Yeah. Let's dance in the rain. It's sweeter that way."

"But P'-"

I intertwine our hands together and smile at him. "Please Kong?"

"Okay. Okay."

I turn the speaker on and play Fearless then I pull Kong towards the open space in front of my car.

It's beginning to rain harder than earlier, large drops of water begin to pour on us but I welcome them with open arms. I look up as I close my eyes and let the rain hit my face.

"P', we should really get back to the car now." I see him just standing at the same spot where I pulled him so I hold his hands with mine and pull him towards me and spin us around.

"Dance with me Kong! Let's enjoy the rain."

I begin to sway our bodies.

"P', we will get sick."

"We won't. Stop fretting. Enjoy this blessing."

I wrap my arms and around his body and he wraps his around my neck. We begin to dance slowly, sometimes, whenever he steps on my foot it drives him to apologize incessantly but I just shrug it off. I love everything he does just as long as he dances with me.

I cup his cheeks and hover my lips close to his but not enough to touch them. I breathe through my lips to make him feel how warm I am even under the rain, that this is because he makes me feel so much happiness within me I just feel the warmth radiating deep inside me.

I look up at him, he is also looking at me. His eyes are bright and from the reflection of his eyes, I can see how I look at him. I'm in love with him. I put our foreheads together and whisper. "And I don't know why but with you I'd dance. In a storm in my best dress. Fearless."

When I feel the slightest of touch of his finger to my lips, I sigh and a single teardrop from my eye. Good thing that it's raining, he won't see how affected I am with just his touch. I just feel so contented and happy right now it's making me emotional.

"I love you so much P'."

"I know Kong. I know."

He chuckles and begins to kiss me. I kiss him back. I can feel the wetness of the rain from his lips but his lips still taste sweet to me. The rain continues to hit our head, drops of water glide down our noses until it eventually goes down our body, our clothes are already plastered to our body because of the rain but it didn't stop us from making out under the rain.

But suddenly, I feel his fingers touching my eyebrows.

I push him away from me and cover my eyebrows. "Did you just touch my eyebrows?!" I used a waterproof eyebrow pen because I don't want to mess it up only to know that he's going to touch it?! Come on!