The Story of Us

Arthit's

I usually don't go to the library because well, I hate silence and also because I have my own library in one of the apartments at the building but now, holding the straps of my bag tight around my pale hands and as I look at the sign that says 'Library', I know there's no turning back. I'm at the community library.

"What is the great Arthit doing here at the library?" I look at the person behind me and see Bright, one of my classmates. Or used to be classmates.

"None of your business."

"I thought you said you don't like the library?"

"Yeah. I don't."

"Then why are you here?"

"The same thing you're here."

He smirks. "Yeah, I'm here because I'm going to make out with someone behind the bookshelves."

I blush. "I meant studying, okay?"

"Just joking, Arthit. Why do you need to study? You already know everything."

"Piss off."

He chuckles and enters the library. I enter a minute after, I am shaking from my head down to my toe. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I pull out the earphones Kong bought for me, which I got from his room, in my bag, and decide to listen to Taylor Swift.

Story of Us starts playing.

Thank you Tay. It's just the music I need.

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us
How we met and the sparks flew instantly
People would say, "they're the lucky ones"

I continue to walk until I see Kong at the table near the bookshelves, no one's beside him and he's busy answering something. Probably Calculus again. I stand a few meters away from him. When he looks up at my way and sees me, he shakes his head and continues answering the question he's tackling.

I frown. What happened?

We were okay. More than okay. We were going very well.

Why is he suddenly ignoring me? Is it because I kissed him? Okay, I assumed wrong, he's not gay or bisexual or pansexual, he's straight, he's creeped out that I kissed him BUT does he need to be a homophobic ass over it? Does he really need to ignore me just because I kissed him? That doesn't even make sense. If he doesn't want to be my friend anymore just because he found out that I have a boner for him, he should man the fuck up and say it to my face. There's no need for him to ignore me like I'm a plague because it hurts like a bitch.

I used to know my place was a spot next to you
Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat
'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on

I look at the chairs around me. Everything's occupied except for the one beside Kong. I brace myself to ask him if I could sit beside him but I still haven't make a step when a pretty woman sits beside him.

"Kong." Oh gods. She calls him Kong too.

Kong looks at the woman and smiles slightly. "Hey Prae."

"Is there anyone sitting here?"

Please say yes.

"No." Asshole!

I roll my eyes and continue walking to find a seat for myself, fortunately, the person across Kong's table zips his bag and leaves. I walk towards the table and smirks at Kong when he looks at me. He ignores me.