Our Song

Kongpob's

I sigh for the umpteenth time as I look at P'Arthit beside me who's currently biting his nail, a not-so-normal sight of him since he's usually confident with everything. His face is whiter than usual and he's sporting a labored breathing.

"Hey hey stop that before you eat your whole finger." I intertwine my hand with his and kiss the back of his hand.

He whines. "I'm just so nervous, Kong."

"Why? We're just going to meet my parents."

"Yeah. That's what I'm more worried about, they are your parents Kong. Will they like me? Damn, I already gave them a bad impression. What if they thought of me as someone who's insensitive and immature and that I'm bad influence for you and shit they are going to tell you to leave me-"

I kiss his worries away. "My parents are not like that."

"Yeah, but what if they didn't like me? I don't want you to pick between us. They are your family, you should be with them of course."

"They will love you. Especially because you are like my Mae, you are both crazy. You two will get along, trust me. She will probably love you more than she loves me."

"I'm still nervous. I mean, I wouldn't be like this if they hadn't caught us making out."

I chuckle. "Yeah." That's still funny to me.

P'Arthit pushes me. "None of it was funny. I was so embarrassed."

We were at the mall that day. After having dinner from his favorite restaurant, we went to the parking lot but before we could go inside P'Arthit's car, he grabbed my collar and pulled me towards him to a passionate kiss.

I was holding myself not to do something more there and then but I forgot we were at a public place at that time when he began sucking my bottom lip.

"Kong, what are you doing?" We heard someone spoke from beside us. I immediately extracted myself from P'Arthit's arms around my neck.

I looked at the person who dared to interrupt us and saw my parents, their eyes widened as they look at us, with similar expressions on their faces, which I don't know whether it's amused or horrified.

"Mae?"

I heard P'Arthit gasp and when I looked at him, he was blushing. "You're Kong's parents?"

"Yes, and who are you?" Mae's voice sounded stern but I knew her. It's obvious that she's clearly amused but P'Arthit didn't know it. I almost chuckled when I saw him biting his lower lip, his hand intertwined with mine beginning to shake.

"I-i erm-"

I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "This is P'Arthit, my boyfriend."

My parents looked at each other, after a minute, Mae nodded. "I want to properly meet him Kong. Go to our house this Sunday."

"Yes Mae."

I laugh remembering what happened.

"Kong!"

"Sorry. But be fast P' so we can arrive there early."

He rolls his eyes and continues doing his eyebrows. "I need time. I need my eyebrows to be perfect."

"You are already perfect to me P'."

"I need them to be extra perfect."

I sigh and lean my head on the desk in front of his mirror. I pull my phone and play the latest pokemon game instead as I wait for him to finish. "Just tell me when are you going to be finished."