Ours

Arthit's

It's the first day and the last day of me working at my father's company. Before I move to the US the next day, Por suggested to me that I work for his company to be familiarized with the system here and to kill the time whatsoever.

To be honest, I think it's nonsense because what the hell am I ever going to do here? What? Am I going to stare at the fax machine? Or am I going to photocopy every part of my body? Or am I going to staple every paper or maybe punch a hole on every paper until the building gets flooded with small punched papers; if that's the case, I will really be happy to do that. You see, there's a lot of possibilities to do all the stupid things here just to infuriate the hell out of my father and that's what makes me walk into this hell hole in the first place.

Elevator buttons and morning air,
Strangers silence makes me want to take the stairs,

I lazily walk in the elevator and push the button for the top floor. I roam my eyes around and see a girl in her 20's tinkering her phone, a woman in her mid-50's and a group of colleagues just silently staring at the door, they look so stressed and honestly, I can relate to them. Damn. Life is so fucked up for some people sometimes.

I groan at the quietness of the place, this is making me remember of those times when Kong and I picked to take the stairs instead of the elevator and also because Kong had told me something about the elevator fucking him up at the very first day he had moved in at the apartment building. I smile remembering Kong's story- oh Kong, damn it suddenly, I feel lonely again.

If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares,

Back then, when Kong and I ride the elevator, I try guessing what the people are thinking based on how their eyes look, I made it sound so exaggeratedly funny Kong always crack up, although I don't know if he's laughing because I'm really funny or just because he just didn't want me to be mad at him for when he ignored my jokes. I really appreciate Kong for that, for staying with my lame ass... but now, there's no one to laugh at my annoying jokes anymore.

Damn. I really love hurting myself.

I sigh and grab my earphones from my backpack and listens to Taylor Swift instead-but when I hear a heartbreak song, I feel my heart clenching in pain and I feel like crying again. When I was listening to Taylor Swift back then, it's because I really love her songs but it's not like I can relate to all her songs. But now, listening to her songs while nursing a real heartbreak, it feels shit. It's making me miss Kong even more.

But right now,

My time is theirs.

Suddenly, a couple walks in and I subtly roll my eyes when I see them suddenly cuddling right in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for marriage, kismet, destiny, fate, red strings and whatever romantic stuff people believed in but with this couple doing sweet stuff literally in front of me, I can't help but be sad, of being punched by the realization that this could be me and Kongpob if it weren't for me suddenly leaving him.

This could be me and Kongpob but my Por happened.

Seems like there's always
Someone who disapproves,

When I arrive at the top floor, I slowly walk towards my father's office. I knock on his door and come in when I hear a low "Come in."

I quickly enter the room and sit in front of him.

"I thought you're never going to come."