Shake It Off

Kongpob's

Since the incident of me shouting at Taylor Swift's bitch guy, I did not bother to face him again. So for the next few days, I resort to listening to classical music with my earphones on but sometimes, Taylor Swift still happened to mix in with the songs. Whenever that happens, it's either I cover my ears with pillows or I knock the wall between us which made him turn the volume higher so I just let him be. The funny thing is he never responds to me anymore. He never shouts at me.

Oddly, I kind of miss his voice, I mean, I love that he gets annoyed like how I get annoyed. Yes. That's the only reason there is.

One thing that I have realized in the past few days of me just listening to the guy is that although he listens to Taylor Swift songs all day long, he has one particular song that is the loudest out of all her songs, he keeps it on repeat for 5 times and that particular song is always the last song to be played. I reckon it's like it's his song of the day. It probably describes his feelings for a particular day.

Like today, one particular song stands out from the rest.

I stay out too late, got nothin' in my brain
That's what people say, mmm hmm, that's what people say, mmm hmm.

And it's playing again. This is the fourth time now.

I restrain my ears to catch some lyrics then search it on google. Its title is Shake it Off.

I read the lyrics.

It's about shaking off (obviously) all the negativities. Huh. I wonder what is his problem this time. Probably his asshole ex-boyfriend. Or ex-girlfriend.

I didn't know what's gotten into me but I just found myself in front of his room again, my hand hovering near his door. Before I can think this way through and turn my back against his room, my hand decides to betray me and knock on its own accord.

Shit. What did I do? I'm too young to die.

As I am about ready to run away for my life, the door opens and I feel the air leaving out of my lungs.

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

He pounces on me.

I wasn't punched, Thank goodness I wasn't. But rather, I was hugged which is more odd.

Ugh. He's hugging me so tight I heard some of my bones crushing underneath his hug. Damn he is strong.

But yeah, imagine that. This annoying guy that I hate very much is hugging me right now in the middle of the hallway, where someone can see us and misunderstand everything.

He buries his head in my neck and sobs. Goodness, if I feel some of his snots there, I'll push him immediately.

And not to mention, this is awkward. Not only I am not good at comforting people but it's also because a few days ago we were fighting and close to killing each other and now we're so close. That's the progress I can never imagine.

The guy hugs me tighter as more warm tears come out from his eyes. He's hurting.

Well, I am too. Because of his tight hold.

Tsk. Whoever has hurt him, he's really going to get it from me. I'm the one who becomes the receiving end of his pains.

I awkwardly wound my arm around him and pats his middle back. "There. There, it's okay." Wow. I really suck at this.