Blank Space

Kongpob's

It takes me 3 nights, yes 3 night, I was patient, before I blow up. I have begged my parents even more and promised them my soul but they didn't take me back.

And I had enough.

I have given them — Aim insists that I remain neutral with their gender but I'm still convinced it's a teenage girl suffering from a heartbreak considering it's Taylor Swift she's playing in the middle of the night — enough benefit of the doubts and I won't be doing it now.

Whatever their personal problems are against their ex, they need not need to pull me right into it and torture me with Taylor Swift's heartbreaking songs. I need a peace of my own.

I have been so kind but all of that now is gone replaced by a goal to avenge.

I have to review for my exam and whoever that person behind that door, I'll make sure I'll be giving them a piece of my mind.

Right now.

I'm standing outside their door and just waiting for them to play a song when I hear a familiar song.

Shit. There they go again.

I'm still shocked that I'm the only one annoyed by them, by now, I'm expecting there will be 1000 signatures campaign roaming around to kick this person off this place. But nothing.

Am I just insensitive?

But still, enough is enough.

I knock on the door and it opens almost immediately like the person behind it is also expecting me.

Taylor Swift's voice welcomes me.

Nice to meet you, where you been?

Hell.

"Hey-" I stop talking because whoever is in front of me is not what I expected, it's not a crying teenage girl because her ex broke up with her but rather, a h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ guy my age raising his eyebrow at me like I was the one bothering him. The audacity of this really nasty person. Astounding. Bold. I ignore how perfect his eyebrow looks like.

"Hey, what can I do for you?"

He's the one asking me?! I want to strangle him.

"Can you turn that-"

"Saw you there and I thought. Oh my God, look at that face. You look like my next mistake. Love’s a game, want to playyyy-sorry what was that? That's a good part and it just fits you with here."

Fuck my life.

I sigh. I control myself but I really really want to punch him. Hard. Rough.

"I said can you turn that down? Your music?"

"I'm sorry I can't hear you."

Well, it might be because your music has already made you deaf.

"I said turn your music down!"

He smiles. It's condescending.

"Oh, so you're the person living beside me? The one wanting to break the wall?"

I probably already broke it.

"I didn't want to break it but yeah I'm the one you're annoying."

"So hey let's be friends-"

"I don't want to be friends-"

He snorts. "It's a lyric to the song you uncultured swine."

Did he just-? Well if he's not an idiot quoting a song while talking to someone I won't assume he's saying it to me. I grit my teeth, I'm this close to punching the living daylights out of him. I can feel the vein in my head about to snap.