Chapter two

My eyes snap open hearing Daxton cry, but it quickly turns from a regular cry to a screaming cry. I push my covers off me and jump out of bed. I nearly trip over my slippers as I rush to his room. My heart threatens to burst through my chest hearing the screaming cries. They suddenly stop as I burst through his door, that is just across from mine, only to freeze at his bed.

All that is in there are his blankets and his favorite stuffed toy, a squirrel. Bobby got it for him when he was born, I don't know why but Daxton loves it. I pick it up with my left hand and hold it close to my chest.

My eyes start to sting as my vision blurries. They leave my eyes as realization hits me. I shiver from a cold draft drawing my attention towards the window. My right hand cups my mouth as I let out a scream seeing the window is open. I closed it and locked it before I left his room after putting him in his crib.

I run to the window looking around for anyone running away, but see nothing. And since it's a one floor house I know it wasn't hard to get in or out. I run out of his room to my room reaching for my cell phone. I call the police trying to get words out through the sobs. After they say someone is coming I hang up before calling Bobby.

"Elle?" His tried gruff voice answers.

"Ddaax is gone." I force out before another sob wrecks through me. I hear him curse before there is shuffling on the line.

"I'm coming over." He states. "And I'm bringing help."

"I called the police." I tell him shakily.

"Good. I'll be over soon." He says before hanging up the phone. I sink to the floor next to my bed. I curl into fetal position as the tears keep flowing. I don't know how long it's been before there is rapid knocking on my front door. The tears have stopped only due to the fact I ran out of them.

I hear Bobby calling my name before the door opens. I let it knowing he has a key. I ignore the continuous calling of my name as I keep my eyes closed clutching the stuffed squirrel closer to my chest.

"Elle!" I hear Bobby yell as he enters my room. My eyes snap open looking to him. He takes me in before dropping to the ground too, and taking me into his arms.

I bury my head in his chest clutching his tee shirt for support. "Bobby, the cops are here." I hear a vaguely familiar voice say.

"Go bring them to the room to look around. It's across from this one." Bobby says.

"Bobby, there's sulfur." That painfully familiar voice chimes in. His presence growing closer making my whole body tense up.

"Balls." His whole body turns rigid as he says it. "Well, let them do their thing." Bobby sighs at the end.

"On it." The first one that spoke says.

"So, Bobby how do you know her?" He asks coming a little closer.

"None of your concern." Bobby states gruffly.

"Bobby, come on. You wake us up needing our help. She's not just some random girl." I lift my head and look to him. His eyes go to me studying my face before his eyes widen. I take in him only to see him wearing a suit making my eyebrows knit together.

"Dean," Bobby warns. I blink at the sudden noise realizing I was staring.

"Elle? Diner Elle?" He asks shocked. I gulp before nodding my head. I feel Bobby looking down to me, and I look to him for guidance. I know by that look he wants me to tell him.

"Am I missing something here?" Dean asks sounding slightly annoyed. His arms are crossed over his chest making him look more intimidating. His six one height doesn't help make him easier to be around. He also has only gotten more attractive than the last time I saw him making me suddenly very shy.