Chapter thirteen

I wake up to arms around me making me smile. Daxton is snuggled into my front and Dean holds me with his chest against my back. I lean forward to kiss Daxton's head before closing my eyes again. Only for them to open as a phone rings. Dean groans before he answers it.

"What?" His voice is gruff from sleep making my body heat up. My heart beats faster hearing him sigh.

"Yeah I know the job is important. What do you got?" There is a pause before he sighs again. "I'll be there in an hour." Feeling him move I turn to face him.

"Who was that?" I ask him in a whisper. He lets me go sitting up.

"Sam, and he has a case." I nod my head knowing this was going to come eventually.

"Okay. Are you going to wait for Dax to get up or are you just going to leave?" I know he said no strings, so I'm trying that as best I can. He turns his head to look at me then over me to Daxton.

"What would be best?"

"Waiting. I don't want him to feel abandoned." Dean sighs, but nods his head agreeing.

"Okay." Dean stands up. He starts packing his things in a bag. I sit up careful not to wake Daxton yet.

"What's wrong?" I ask hesitantly. Dean tenses before his head turns towards me.

"Don't Elle. We don't do that remember," he turns completely to me. "We don't have to do that part. It's just fooling around and Dax having a father." My eyes sting with tears, which I try to blink away as I look down to the bed.

"Elle," He sighs as I take a deep breath. I clear my throat looking to Daxton.

"What?"

"Don't do that, please don't cry. There is no need for tears. You knew what this was." He starts packing again and I run a hand through my hair before taking a deep breath and looking up to him.

"I know. Okay, I know. It's just," I trail off looking back down.

"What Elle?" Dean's voice is hard and gruff. I gulp hugging myself.

"Nothing, just forget about it Dean." My voice is hard. I'm shocked by my own strength in my voice. I feel him sit on the bed before his calloused fingers grip my chin. My eyes meet his as he lifts my chin up.

"Elle, talk to me." I bite my lip searching his eyes. "Elle, please."

"You can't do this." I shake my head out of his grip.

"Do what?"

"Tell me no strings attached and then act like this. Like you care." Dean sighs looking down to the bed.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm new to all this. Okay! I think just fooling around is safer for us." He gets up and starts pacing the room.

"What?"

"It's safer. You are less of a weakness towards enemies." I shake my head at that.

"You know what Dean, just go. I'll explain it to Dax." He stops his pacing and turns to face me. His eyes dark as they study me.

"No, I'm not having my son go through what I had to." He states harshly. I jump slightly stunned by his words.

"D-"

"Daddy?" Daxton mumbles same time I try to talk. I look to him to see Daxton rubbing his eyes yawning before he sits up.

"Hey buddy." Dean says.

"What wrong Daddy?" Daxton looks to me then back to Dean. Daxton's eyebrows furrow as he looks back fo me. "Mommy sad."

"I have to go on a work trip with Uncle Sam." Dean says. Daxton's face drops making me bite the inside of my cheek.