Chapter 23: Parental Objections

"Momma, I'm not breaking up with her and that's final," Dean argued with his mother as he drove along the freeway, through rush hour traffic. He was as bad as most of the other drivers, using his car to make his phone calls. But when he upgraded vehicles, his car came with a handsfree feature that allowed him to keep his attention on the road.  His boo had bought it for him as a thank you gift. He smiled thinking about her. 

"Is it because she's white mother?" He asked honestly. He was walking right in

"She's not what I want for you my darling boy. I'm not racist but this woman is not what I pictured for my last son. She's spoilt and disrespectful and she is not a good match for you," His mother had a point but she had been forcing the women she thought he should be dating on him since he graduated high school. Now at thirty, he was over the jumpoff women and the wolves in sheep's clothing. For once, he was dating a woman he chose, not his mother.

"I have dated women you've chosen for me all my life and I chose her. I love her mother and as much as you don't like her, you're going to have to learn to get along with her," He disconnected the call, fuming at his mother but smiling when he thought about the woman waiting at home for him.

 He turned on the siren on top of his car and speeded home, throwing open the doors. She greeted him at the door, wearing his old college shirt. It was hard to imagine her any way but this, but she had just flown in from Paris a few days earlier, doing some business and spending time with her family.

 "i thought you were working late," She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. He could faintly smell something cooking and he knew she must've been working hard on it. At the beginning of their relationship, she loathed cooking with a passion but now she enjoyed it more than he did. When they were seperated during the trail for her attacker, she took lessons from Rachey Ray. He had a new found respect for the chef...teaching his girl to do something was like pulling teeth. 

  "i came home to suprise you. I smell something yummy cooking," He sniffed holding her tight. When she finally pulled away, she took his hands in led him into the kitchen. He looked at the scene before him and nuzzled her neck from behind.

"I wanted tonight to be special," The lights were off but there were no less than thirty candles bathing the room with soft light.

 "It is special," She sat him down at the table, and served him. He could faintly see her boyshorts covering her behind and his groin twitched. She could be sexy wearing a garbage bag but it had taken her a long time to be this domesticated.

 "We survived before in a tiny cabin without driving each other crazy. This is special love," 

After they had eaten, she prepared to clean the dishes away but he stopped her. "You know this kitchen is kind of romantic like this," With one fluid movement, he whisked the shirt from her body. 

"I love you," He ended the conversation there. They didn't need to say anything more to get the point across.

 No matter what his mother thought of his relationship, he was never letting her go..

Alice coughed sipping the water in front of her. She held Oliver's hand under the table as her parents joined them. She felt bad in a way that Oliver's side of the family knew about there nuptuals way before her family did. "Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?" Her mother asked giving her a hug. She slipped her ring into her pocket discreetly when no one was looking.

 "If it isn't my beano," She heard her uncle's voice before she saw him and practically ran into his arms. "Woah, I'm guessing you're overjoyed to see me today," He kissed the top of her head. She saw Cassie closeby and hugged her too. Cassie had become closer to her since her coma a few months back but now she was pregnant and she had practically tag-teamed her uncle to spend time with the two of them.

 "You look gorgeous Cassie. Pregnancy agrees with you," She giggled kissing both of Cassie's rosy cheeks. Despite her uncle's history, Cassie was everything she hoped for her uncle. She'd never seen him smile as much as when he was with her. 

"Thank you honey, your hair is so cute. I love it," Cassie had been the one who had encouraged her to grow out her hair instead of opting to wear the wig that she had purchased when she came out of the hospital.

 "Thank you," They all sat waiting for her announcement. She slipped the ring back onto her finger but it remained under the table. Oliver looked at her almost as if he knew she was going to cave. "I know in the last few months that everyone has rallied behind me and I know that it wasn't always easy. In that time I came to depend on a lot of you, especially Oliver, when I was at my lowest. Something about him never let me say that I was dying," She gave him a loving glance and he kissed both of her hands in turn.

"I'm trying to say that I did something that made me happy. The doctors are saying that I'm going to be fine but it's a long road back. I know I can't live without the support of the one I love the most,"

 "What does all of this mean?" Her uncle asked puzzled. She sighed heavily, looking at Oliver for support. He rubbed her back slowly, helping her form the words. His support meant everything to her. She smiled at him, giving him the ring and watching as he slid it back onto her finger.

"We got married two weeks ago. I didn't overanalyse it nor did I question it. Whether I'm married for a few months or a few years, I need to be with Oliver," The look on her parent's face was blank then the tears rolled her cheeks.

 Her mother rose from the table hitting it with a loud thud. "Did you think that this decision would affect anyone other than yourself?" 

She couldn't get why her mother was being like this. "I thought you'd be happy for me,"

"I can't stand losing you twice Alice. I can't stand it," She stood walking around to where her mother was sitting and hugged her tightly.

"You'll never lose me mom, no matter what happens," It was her turn to console someone other than herself.

"I love you momma," She squeezed her mother as her own tears fell.

"I love you too baby girl," They lost track of the amount of time that they stood there hugging each other.

 "Forever and ever," They both said in unison.

(Okay so i gave you a sneak peek of a character in an upcoming book. His name is Dean. Yup he's the same detective who was in a few chapters back in the interrogation chapter. I love this chappie even though its short. I'm tired so to bed with me)

Vanilla Dipped In Chocolateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें