Chapter 24:Alone (Part 3)

(This is the final Part I swear. Somehow when i uploaded part two, this got chopped off.)

"Evan, I'm sorry for storming out on you. It was childish and I want to talk things through," Cassie managed a weak smile, talking to herself as she drove across town. 

She circled the block twice, changing her mind but she decided she was going to do this for her sake and for her children's as well. "I won't be happy if I don't have you," She wiped her cheek when the tears began to fall.

I can't possibly be happy with anyone else.

"Dj Salt, please don't do this to me," She heard the music switch to mellow mood, even though it was past six am. Back at One was one of her favorite songs and one they often played together after a long day's work.  She shook the image from her brain before she went insane.

 She shut off the radio before she clawed it out of the dashboard.  The car screeched to a halt and she rested her head against the steering wheel for support. "I've got to do this,"

"Lady, watch where you're going," 

She recognized that voice anywhere.

Evan stood in front of her car, with his arm around a brunette woman, wearing the jacket which she always wore. Tears welled up in her eyes as she watched them walk away.

It was over...

"How could he do this to my sister?" Damon growled hugging his sister tight. Word had spread and now the Payne house had turned into a makeshift counselling shelter for the pregnant and emotional sister.

"He knows you are sick and he flaunts his new hoe around. Is he crazy," Cassie's older sister Vanessa hugged her tightly, almost crushing her.

"I'm fine," She reached into the refridgerator and retrieved a Doctor Pepper, which was the closest thing she could find to alcohol in her parent's house.

It had been two days.

She gave up. She knew what must be done.

 "Wake up Evan," Damon and Cassie's adopted brother Charlie yelled , throwing a bucket of ice at over him. 

"How could you hurt my sister like she meant nothing to you. HOW COULD YOU?" Charlie got a punch in and it connected with with the unfortunate man's jaw.

"That's enough brother," Cassie voice from the doorway stopped Charlie from murdering him. He growled, his anger boiling over. He had just come back from Iraq only to hear about the developments over the last few days. It had taken his wife to prevent him from killing the man with his bare hands.

"I said it is enough," Damon grabbed Charlie around his shoulder, dragging him out  of the room. She had seen her brother angry,but never like this. "I apologize for that," She said as soon as they left leaving her with the man she had claimed to love. She wasn't sure if she loved him still in this moment.

"I came for my things," She sat on the bed, watching him.He had a busted lip and a purpling bruise on his cheek and even in her anger, her heart clenched. She still loved him, but she didn't want to love him anymore

"Cassie...I," He bagan to talk but she silenced him.

"I'd like to remember you as you were. Please don't say anything," She grabbed a bag and stuffed her clothes into it, holding her head up. She wasn't going to cry again, but the tears running down her face had other ideas.

 "I'm sorry," He pulled her into his chest but she fought him pulling away.

"I'm leaving Evan," She picked up her bag scowling when he took it from her. "I promise that I'll involve you in every step of the rest of my pregnancy but I can't put up with this anymore. I'd rather be a single mother than to be involved with someone who doesn't put me first in the relationship," She spun on her heel, leaving him at the door, taking the bag from his shoulder.

 "Cassie, I love you," She shook her head defiantely, knowing he was making it worse.

She turned back and kissed him as he had first kissed her, as if she was sampling the flavor for the first time but both of them knew it would be the last time.

 "What was that for?"

"I'm kissing you goodbye Evan,"

And just as it was...she picked up the courage to leave him, just as he had abandoned her. 

(Hope you like it. well you might not like it but comment anyways)