~Jayfeather X Reader~|2|

Note: If anyone wants something specific to happen, tell me in the comments :) I should probably mention this waterfall near her den, and her den itself is not there in the canon territories; I added it for fan fiction purposes.

-

What the... A dead cat saved me?

[Y/W/N] stares blankly into the forest, trying to process what just happen. My memory got wiped, I was forced into a shelter, a dead cat saved me and took me here, told me my name was Y/L/N, and told me about wild groups of cats in the forest not to go near. Got it. [Y/L/N] decides to go hunting. Just as the thought crosses her mind, her stomach grumbles loudly. [Y/L/N] sighs and starts wandering towards twoleg place, making sure to remember where her den is. She spots a plump mouse, and kills it with a neat bite and places it under a tree before continuing to hunt.

[Y/L/N] managed to catch that plump mouse, a vole, and two sparrows. She takes her prey back to her den carefully, her mouth beginning to water. Do those forest cats have the same prey? Not caring if she finds out or not, [Y/L/N] tucks into a sparrow and places the rest of the prey she caught in a small hole that was dug for her by Spottedleaf. Or according to Spottedleaf, the cat that prepared her den for her. I assume this pit will keep the prey fresh during leaf-bare. That's a good idea... [Y/L/N] finishes her sparrow and swipes her tongue across her muzzle before giving herself a thorough washing.

[Y/L/N] finishes cleaning herself and is about to go outside when she hears two low voices speaking to each other, which seems to be coming from the forest.

She pricks her ears and strains hearing their conversation.

A she-cat, and a tom... They could be mates.

[Y/L/N] tries to push away her fear of these weird forest cats coming to attack her but it doesn't work. She creeps back into her den trying to blend in and the two cats are getting visible.

One seems to be a pretty brown tabby, and the other seems to be a mottled, pale gray tabby. [Y/L/N] still can't see them well, but the gray one is dragging his tail on the ground while looking straight in front of him and the brown tabby seems to be scanning the area. She sees them stop to talk for a moment, and the gray tabby pricks his ears. Oh, no! Did he see me watching?

[Y/L/N] sees the pretty brown cat nod slowly and continues walking, and the pale gray tabby lowers his head and slowly starts going [Y/L/N]'s direction. He... He's not in his forest anymore! He must be crossing his... Territory? That can't be good. He must have seen me! Is he going to attack me? [Y/L/N] feels like she's about to drown in her terrifying thoughts and doesn't even notice the tabby tom caught up to her and is standing right in front of her, giving her a questioning expression in his pale blue eyes. [Y/L/N] realizes he's in front of her not long after and jumps multiple fox lengths into the air, horrified. She realized the tabby hasn't moved since she had noticed him and wonders if she should bat him with her paw or not. "Clearly Spottedleaf took you back to your nest." The gray tom mumbled. [Y/L/N] hardly heard him, but she had to stop yourself from yelping in surprise as the gray tabby finally said something. "You know Spottedleaf?" [Y/L/N] tilted her head, wondering if Spottedleaf used to be in his clan. "She didn't tell you about me, did she?" [Y/L/N] saw anger flicker in his eyes, before going away as fast as it came. "She told me about the cat that told her I was in trouble, but she didn't mention anything else about them. Was that cat you?" [Y/L/N] questioned while deciding if she should rub her flank against his to thank him, but decided he probably wouldn't like that; especially if Spottedleaf said even going into their territories is bad. The gray tabby didn't answer, but gave [Y/L/N] a "What do you think?" type of glare. Well, he's surely not the nicest cat in the forest... And then it hit her. This was the cat that designed her den so nicely, too. He must help a lot of cats. Spottedleaf did say he was an important cat to his clan. "Thank you! You saved my life." [Y/L/N] purred loudly and the gray tom looked away sheepishly. "I save lives for a living." the tabby tom mumbled, acting like it was nothing. He doesn't seem that happy about it. I won't push it. "What's your name?" [Y/L/N] asked curiously. "Jayfeather." He has to know Spottedleaf, he has a name like hers. Jay.. Feather. [Y/L/N] let her [E/C] orbs sink into his pale blue eyes, wondering if he would look her direction, but he didn't move his glare at all. "You're blind, aren't you?" [Y/L/N] asked softly. [Y/L/N] knew he wouldn't like to be treated any different if he was blind, but she didn't want to assume he was. His gaze snapped towards [Y/L/N], making her flinch. "Yes, I'm blind," he responded coolly. "Okay. Do you want a piece of fresh kill?" [Y/L/N] offers, clearly proud of what she caught. Jayfeather flicks his tail. "I would, but I should be heading back to my clan now," he said uncomfortably. "Okay. Bye, Jayfeather!" He heaves an annoyed sigh and rolls his eyes. Jayfeather starts walking towards the forest and pauses. "I'm coming back tomorrow. Bye," he mumbles and pads back to the forest before [Y/W/N] had time to answer, grooming his pelt completely before heading back into Thunderclan territory.