~Jayfeather X Reader~|9|

[Y/L/N] wakes up in the middle of night, unsure of why she would wake up so randomly. Ugh. I'm so stiff... I'll go on a walk. Jayfeather probably wont mind. Well, he probably would, but he's sleeping.  Being careful not to wake him, [Y/L/N]  gently steps out of the den. [Y/L/N]'s nervousness of the forest fades and she begins to enjoy the crunching beneath her paws before she smells something different. Is this a border-- Hughhh! Gagging at the scent, she immediately goes the other way. That was close, I almost crossed it... 

After sitting by the lake for a few moments,[Y/L/N] decides to go to sleep again. It's still pitch black out here, I can probably sneak in another couple of hours of sleep. Happy she eased her stiffness, she trots back to the camp. No one seems to have woken up, except for Jayfeather who was pacing back and fourth anxiously outside his den sniffing around for what seems like a scent trail. [Y/L/N] immediately paces over to him. He snaps his head towards her with his pale, blind gaze mixed with relief and anger. "I told you to stay in your nest!" he hisses. "I was just going on a walk! I was stiff and couldn't sleep. I didn't think my wound was that bad..." [Y/L/N] defends, unsettled at his bluntness. "Fine. Lets just go back to sleep." he meows, clearly still tired.  [Y/L/N] walks back to the medicine den with Jayfeather and settles down again. Tucking her paws under her chest, [Y/L/N] quickly falls asleep. Jayfeather listens to her gentle breathing start to fade into slower breaths, meaning shes sleeping. Gently wrapping his tail around her soft/coarse F/C fur, he falls asleep as well. 

-Morning-

  [Y/L/N]  wakes up by Firestar's voice ringing across the clearing. "The gathering is tomorrow!" he reminded.  A gathering?  Deciding to ask him, [Y/L/N] carefully gets up making sure Jayfeather doesn't waken and sprints over to Firestar. "Whats a gathering, Firestar?" "Its where all of the clans meet in peace at the island under the full moon for a night. Your coming." he responds smoothly. "Yay!" Quickly leaving again to get back to the medicine cat den before Jayfeather wakes, she lays down again. HA! Didnt wake him this time. "I heard that." Hearing Jayfeather's amused mew scares [Y/L/N]  out of her fur and she jumps up, letting her pelt fluff out. Jayfeather lets out a mrrow of laughter. [Y/L/N] flattens her ears. "N-No you didn't!" Jayfeather stands up, staring directly at [Y/L/N]  with his pale, blind eyes. "Right." After checking on Briarlight who winked at [Y/L/N]  again, he goes to organize his herbs. Flopping onto her back,  [Y/L/N] flexes her arms at the air, still being stiff. 

Briarlight seems to notice  [Y/L/N]'s boredom. "Want to play moss-ball with me,  [Y/L/N]?" "Sure." Briarlight teachers  [Y/L/N] how to play moss ball, and  [Y/L/N] is impressed on how good Briarlight is at it. They have a long game before Firestar speaks up. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting!" [Y/L/N] makes her way outside with Briarlight dragging herself after her, Jayfeather soon following. Firestar stands on the Highrock  with his muscles rippling beneath his pelt, clearly displayed by the light of the sun that was now starting to go down. Already? Why are days so short? Ughhh!  "As you all know, the gathering is tomorrow. [Y/L/N] will be coming with us and we will mention her as a loner that saved one of our kits. Nothing else is to be said about her." Firestars gaze goes from cat to cat who were each nodding in agreement one by one, soon resting on [Y/L/N]. She dips her head respectfully and he bounds off of the Highrock with his tail held high. Jayfeather walks towards [Y/L/N], his blind eyes looking straight in front of him like usual. "I should mention you can go back to being a warrior tomorrow." [Y/L/N]'s tail shoots up immediately, blowing in the wind. "Yes! Eeek...!" Jayfeather twitches his ear and pads back to his den.   [Y/L/N] happily bounces after him. Briarlight already is tucked into her nest, and soon [Y/L/N] is too. Jayfeather joins her and washes himself thoroughly before laying down. [Y/L/N]  and Briarlight soon fall asleep, leaving only Jayfeather awake. He wraps his tail gently around [Y/L/N] and soon falls asleep too.