~Jayfeather X Reader~|8|

[Y/L/N] wakes up to Jayfeather not at her side, and she sees Briarlight still sleeping and looks outside. Still dark. Judging by his scent, hes been out for a while. I should look for him. He needs his sleep with such an important job.

Gently stepping out of her nest, [Y/L/N] makes her way to the lake on her own knowing Jayfeather liked it there. [Y/L/N] sees an outline of a cat and confused meows, being said to nothing. "...You...Doing...Me...Starclan...?" [Y/L/N] creeps closer quietly, wanting to figure out what he was saying. "Isn't...Destiny..." [Y/L/N] makes herself scentable, still being careful not to frighten him. "Jayfeather?" she asks, hardly above a whisper. "Spottedleaf? Yellowfang? Are you there? Answer me!" At this point, he was whisper-yowling. [Y/L/N] makes her way to his side and gently touches his bristling flank with her tail. "Hey Jayfeather." He looks at [Y/L/N], almost as if to say "How much did you hear?" but keeps silent about his words, not wanting to bring it up. "Hi." he responds bluntly, gazing up at the stars as if he could see them. "Are you okay, Jayfeather?" "Of course I am!" he snapped. "...Kay." [Y/L/N] mumbles. Jayfeathers unnoticed apologetic expression hung in the air, though he said nothing.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, he stands up and shakes the dew out of his fur. "Sorry for keeping you up." he meowed crossly. "Don't mention it." [Y/L/N] began following him back to his nest where they settled down again, sleeping soundly until morning came.

-Morning-

  [Y/L/N] woke up to Jayfeather nudging her gently to her feet. "Brambleclaw is thinking about  sending you to your first training session with the apprentices. You don't want to miss that." [Y/L/N's tail immediately shot up. "Yayyy! Thank you, Jayfeather!" Not waiting for a response, she bolts out of the den where Brambleclaw is discussing things with Cherrypaw and Molepaw outside. "[Y/L/N]! I'm glad to see your up. We're about to start training." Brambleclaw purrs happily. "That's great!" "Firestar is planning to give you your warrior name as soon as the apprentices do." [Y/L/N]'s eyes went wide with amazement and she let out a squeal of surprise. "If, that's okay with you." his eyes clouded with uncertainty. "Of course it is." [Y/L/N] bounded next to the apprentices who were excitedly bickering to one another on who would fight better. Brambleclaw flicked his tail, signaling for them to follow, when [Y/L/N] saw a rose she-cat and a reddish-brown tabby tom waiting for them in a hollow where Brambleclaw was aiming to. They must be their... Mentors. "Rosepetal! [Y/L/N] is joining us today." Cherrypaw exclaims eagerly. Molepaw nodded frantically. [Y/L/N] tail twitched with excitement, but she waited patiently and the three warriors began giving techniques and starts to [Y/L/N] and the apprentices...

-End of training session-

  [Y/LN] gracefully heads back to camp with a pigeon and a mouse in her jaws. Placing the pigeon in the fresh-kill pile, she leaps over to Jayfeather and places the mouse at his paws. "Thanks." he mews, obviously distracted. "If your done with patrols, can you help me look for more tansy?  We're running low." "Sure!" [Y/L/N]  answers. After nudging the mouse into his den, he dives into the forest with [Y/L/N]  stumbling after him.

Tail held high, [Y/L/N] pads around the forest with Jayfeather looking for... Tansy. "It feels like we've been searching for moons! Ja-" Jayfeather cuts her off with a warning glare. "Badger." he hisses, raising his nose nervously. Both cats start to back up before they hear a badgers hiss coming behind him. Jayfeather moves around awkwardly not being able to see, and [Y/L/N] turns around dramatically and starts hissing at the  badger who was standing on its two hind feet to look threatening. [Y/L/N] takes the first move and leaps on the badgers back, desperately aiming blows at its neck but missing due to lack of training. She expands four times her size and manages to bite its neck, causing the badger to stumble backwards slightly giving her an advantage. The badger surprisingly quickly gets back on its paws, slashing violently at [Y/L/N]'s side making her let out a started yowl. A blur of gray fur pushes past her and knocks itself into the badger, and [Y/L/N] quickly realizes Jayfeather was trying to help. The badger quickly shakes itself back and Jayfeather begins leaping from log to log trying to distract it. Seeing the badger confused, [Y/L/N] quickly leaps on the badger tearing its flank open and the badger quickly flees. "[Y/L/N], are you okay?" Jayfeather immediately tries giving [Y/L/N] support on her bloody side that was given a nasty bite by the badger and blood soaks his fur straight after. "Im... Im fine..." Forcing herself to stand up straight, [Y/L/N] tries making her way to camp without falling but fails horribly. "Try not to go asleep!" she hears Jayfeather desperately advising her as she heaves herself back to her paws and makes her way to Thunderclan camp with Jayfeather's help. Worried murmurs and yowls spread across camp.  "I smell badger!" "[Y/L/N]! Are you okay?" "Why is she bleeding?" "Did she fight a badger?" "I smell blood!" Firestar jumps out of his den with fear flooding his gaze. "[Y/L/N]!" Squirrelflight immediately rushes to [Y/L/N]'s other side, supporting her the rest of the way to the medicine cat den. [Y/L/N] can feel Jayfeather pressing things on her wounds before she goes unconscious. 

-Timeskip after sleeping for a night-

  [Y/L/N] begins to stir in her nest and tries to get up before letting out a loud moan of pain. Jayfeather forces his way through the wave of cats that were looking to see if she was okay and is next to her a moment after. [Y/L/N] can see Squirrelflight looking at her with wide, anxious eyes with her tail wrapped around R/T/K/N who looked like they were going to burst into a puddle of sad yowls. Seeing you awake immediately brightened their gaze and they looked like they stayed awake all night. "[Y/L/N]. How do you feel?" [Y/L/N]  heard his tone forcing itself to be steady as Jayfeather questioned her quietly. "I've definitely been better. I would feel amazing if this stupid gash in my side wasn't here. Its a pain in the tail!" R/T/K/N lets out a squeal of amusement and Jayfeather lets out a relieved sigh. [Y/L/N]  gets startled when she hears paw steps occurring from behind her, calming down after seeing who it is. "You fought bravely yesterday, [Y/L/N]." Firestar said soothingly. "I wouldn't have survived without Jayfeather. If he didn't distract the badger, it would have torn my throat open." [Y/L/N]  saw Leafpool and Squirrelflight look at Jayfeather with eyes full of pride, but Jayfeather didn't seem to notice it. "Good job, Jayfeather." Firestar mews. Jayfeather pushes the cats away with his tail. "She needs to sleep." Firestar, R/T/K/N, and Squirrelflight make their way out of the den, bickering to one another. Jayfeather presses more herbs into her wound, sniffing it closely. "If that was any deeper, I wouldn't have been able to done anything." he says with an edge to his mew. [Y/L/N] sees him organizing his herbs closely and notices guild spread across his face. Does he think its his fault since he invited me to look for herbs with him? Briarlight drags her way into the den. "[Y/L/N], I heard what happen! I'm glad your awake now." She lets out a happy purr. Jayfeather looks at her sympathetically and sternly. "She needs to rest, Briarlight. You can talk with her tomorrow." [Y/L/N]  reaches a paw out to Jayfeather dramatically, who looks at her with a questioning expression. "Its still morning, though! I could run to the lake and back!" [Y/L/N]  complains. Failing to hide the amusement in his tone, "I'm your medicine cat. I know best." he says firmly. "Hmpe!" Lionblaze bolts into the den and crashes into the den walls, falling onto his side. [Y/L/N] and Jayfeather immediately make eye contact with him as he shuffles to his paws, embarrassed. "How are you, [Y/L/N]?" he asks in between pants. Ignoring the pain and meows of protest from Jayfeather, [Y/L/N] sits up. "Fine!" she answers confidently. Lionblaze glances at Jayfeather, who gives him a small nod. So small, [Y/L/N]  thinks she imagined it. Jayfeather twitches his tail slightly as if to tell Lionblaze to go back to what he was doing, which he does. "Okay. Bye!" he scampers out of the den with his tail held high.  "When can I go back to hunting, Jayfeather?" [Y/L/N]  asks hopefully. "A moon." "A moon! That's so long. Look, I'm perfectly fine." Before [Y/L/N]  has a chance to get up, he lets out an annoyed hiss. "Don't even try! You'll just tear the wound open again." Jayfeather noses his way out of the den before returning with a plump vole. "You have to eat." [Y/L/N]  eyes it uncertainly and realizes how hungry she is. He nudges it closer to her before he also begins tucking into the mouse she caught for him before.

After finishing the last scraps of their meal, [Y/L/N] yawns and grooms herself properly. Laying down in the fresh moss that was probably fetched for her by Cherrypaw and Molepaw and gets ready to fall asleep. Jayfeather creeps into her nest next to her, making [Y/L/N]'s head tilt curiously. "I-I'm going to sleep here tonight in case your wound opens again." he mutters and closes his eyes and drifts asleep. [Y/L/N] peers over to Briarlight, who's still stirring in her nest and notices [Y/L/N], and faintly winks at her before turning to sleep. Soon, [Y/L/N] closes her eyes as well.
Well, that was something...