~Jayfeather X Reader~|12|

[Y/W/N] wakes up, tired, in the middle of the day she had tried to sleep through to a loud yowl from Firestar. "Intruders! Windclan is attacking!" Forcing herself up, she instinctively hurls herself towards the nursery ready to defend Daisy and Ferncloud. She was glad she did because, well, pretty much every other cat not defending the elders hurled themselves into battle. I don't know many fighting moves...  Daisy tries calming down Ferncloud which doesn't work due to the fact Daisys pretty much shaking as well. A small Windclan cat that was probably an apprentice fearlessly lunged at Ferncloud, but was knocked off his paws by [Y/W/N]. "Stupid rougue." He hisses. [Y/W/N] guards Ferncloud and bares her teeth at the tom. "Who are you calling a rougue, Windclan scum?"  The small, snarling cat lunges at [Y/W/N]  again but she bats him away with a swift thrust of her paw. She realizes hes obviously a young apprentice and has little experience. This is probably his first battle. No wonder why he lunged at a queen first! "You'll never be loyal to Thunderclan. Go back to your rougue life." He taunted, mischief glinting in his eyes. [Y/W/N] sighs as he lunges at her again and she pins him down. "Puny apprentice." Not wanting to hurt such a young cat too badly, she gives him a hard blow on the side and allows him free. Another cat is about to help the apprentice out before the Windclan leader then yowls through the camp, "Windclan retreat!" And the camp soon is clear of enemies. [Y/W/N] hears Daisy calming down both Ferncloud and her kits and then stops to thank [Y/W/N]. She nods in welcome and Firestar jumps onto the highledge, panting. "You all fought well today.  Though I don't know why we were attacked, but hopefully its settled. We will have extra border patrols. There is nothing else we can do until further notice." He finishes his speech and [Y/W/N] realizes shes bleeding out of her hind leg due to a nasty blow that Windclan apprentice did to her instead of who he meant to land on Ferncloud. Id'e definitely prefer me getting this over Ferncloud. She limps into the medicine cat den where Jayfeather is treating a few other slightly injured cats, but the fear coming off him in waves was kind or unconvincing that they were the only ones injured. I'm glad none have severe injuries. She looks at Briarlight who also looked fine. Jayfeather notices her, and scents the blood pooling out of her leg. His eyes flood with relief for a second but its replaced by fury. "[Y/W/N], you clearly were in no position to fight!" He hisses. "But Ferncloud--" "Just lay down." [Y/W/N] lays down in a nearby moss bed and Jayfeather sprints over to her. He almost falls on her while he tends to her wounds, not even thinking about being careful or not. He turns away to get more marigold, and [Y/W/N] stifles a small sneeze. His head jerks towards her. Did I annoy him or something?  He lets out a grunt. "Hopefully that's just a cold." He noses poppy seeds  and some other nasty smelling herbs towards her. What else would it be? What does he even expect in leaf-bare? [Y/W/N] wrinkles her nose but doesn't hesitate to lap up the herbs. "That. Was disgusting." [Y/W/N] gags. "You'll have to eat more herbs if you keep getting yourself wounded while your half-conscious!"  Jayfeather hisses back, clearly not impressed. Jayfeather finishes treating her wound. "Your staying here tonight. Your wound is surely going to open up again if you get up."  He steps out of the medicine den soon returning with a plump vole, which he drops at  [Y/W/N]'s paws. Just then,  [Y/W/N] realizes how hungry she is. Jayfeather turns away and tucks in to his own mouse, and  [Y/W/N] tucks into her fresh-kill as well. Inside, pride is swelling up again in her belly.

Haha! I haven't thought of what Lionblaze told me one time. I'm really good at forgetting things.

...

...Did I just insult myself?

Forcing the thoughts out of her mind, [Y/W/N] begins to feel drowsy. Probably the poppy seeds... Jayfeathers voice seems to ring in her mind. "Or the fact you were up all night, mouse-brain!" [Y/W/N] purrs softly, remembering Spottedleafs prideful gaze. And that's what she fell asleep remembering.

-Timeskip through the rest of the day and night, to the next morning.- 

[Y/W/N] wakes up and to her relief, all the cats are already awake. She lets out a huge spasm of coughing, clearly attracting Jayfeather.  He rolls his eyes and  drops some sweet-smelling leaves in front of her, that seemed to be freshly plucked. They remind [Y/W/N] of how Spottedleaf smelled. "I don't doubt the fact you have whitecough. This is cat-mint, one of the only cures for it. Your staying here until your wound is healed, and until your cough is gone." [Y/W/N] remembers the leafy plant and nods, lapping up the sweet juices. [Y/W/N] begins to get up and remembers her wound the hard way, growling in discomfort before laying down again. Thank Starclan it didn't open. Jayfeather would have clawed my ears off! Not really knowing what to do, she flops dramatically on her back and paws at the air. I still cant understand what Lionblaze was telling me, even though he did make it painfully bold. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen Lionblaze since that happen. [Y/W/N] tries to push the thoughts out of her mind again, but it doesn't work. [Y/W/N] takes a glance towards Jayfeather, who was sorting herbs and looked really tired. Of course, being the stubborn cat he is, that doesn't slow him down. She continues pawing at the air out of boredom.  Just then, Lionblaze trips his way into the medicine cat den like the royalty he is.  "J-Jayfeather can I t-talk to you? For a moment? In p-private?" He manages to sputter out a sentence. Jayfeather looks at him crossly. Lionblaze looks like hes about to urinate all over the den if he doesn't get to talk to Jayfeather at this very moment. Briarlight notices this too and tries desperately not to stifle a laugh. "I guess." Jayfeather mutters, definitely unhappy about not being able to finish sorting his herbs. "Thank you!" Lionblaze falls out of the den with Jayfeather carefully stepping after him, sighing.

-Timeskip bc to make it realistic I'm not putting you in Jayfeathers POV ;)-

Jayfeather walks back in the medicine cat den as if hes seen murder, and Lionblaze passes it looking at the ground shamefully. [Y/W/N] already knows what Lionblaze told him. [Y/W/N] notices Briarlight went out to get some fresh kill and was sharing it  with another cat, and the other mildly wounded warriors left. That left them alone. "Are you okay, Jayfeath-" "Yes, I'm fine! And just so you know, I'm not the only cat in Thunderclan that has a soft spot for cats in possible danger." He tilts his ear towards Firestar, who was talking with a sandy cat affectionately.  Who made dirt in his fresh kill? "I didn't mean it that way." [Y/W/N]  mumbles. Jayfeather snorts and flattens his ears defensively. I've definitely seen him cranky, but he full on looks really upset right now. Hes probably just upset his brother betrayed him. I probably shouldn't be here when hes like this but its not like I can move.  [Y/W/N] wraps her tail around her muzzle, not really knowing if she should bother saying anything else.  "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" he mutters, unsure at the fact that hes apologizing. I've never heard him apologize... In fact, I didn't even know he knew how to! "You don't need to seem so surprised!" he hisses. "I'm not s.. I didn't say anything?" Lionblaze was right. He really can see right through you. He turns away without saying anything. [Y/W/N] flips over on her other side, biting back a hiss of pain as she moves her leg with the wound on it. Resting her head on her paws, she tries falling asleep again, wanting to forget what just happen. Most of all, wanting to forget the fact Jayfeather might not want to be her friend anymore. [Y/W/N]  remembers that she hasn't coughed in a while. She lets out a sigh of relief in her mind. She falls asleep, this time hearing an unfamiliar, raspy voice ringing in her ear. It sounded foul, even though she couldn't smell the breath, and it was a she-voice. "That mouse-brain will come to his senses." [Y/W/N] has a faint smile on her muzzle and she falls asleep, finally.