~Jayfeather X Reader~|17|

The rest of the warriors pour into the warriors den and fall asleep as well. [Y/W/N] studies each of them and their breathing to find that their sleeping. She steps out of the den and tells Brightheart whos keeping watch she cant sleep and is going for a walk. 

What she didnt know is that she forgot to check on Jayfeather... And he, wasnt in his nest.

[Y/W/N] reaches the forest and she inhales the smell longingly. How did I go so long without this? She steps towards the tunnels, cautiously glancing inside them in case there were any traps; but as she glanced inside, she only saw Breezepelt looking back up at her with a welcoming smile on his muzzle. "Move it or I'm going to jump on you!" "I'm moving!" Why does he always get here before I can even start walking here? Breezepelt backs up and [Y/W/N] clumsily slides down the entrance of the tunnel. "That was fun to watch." [Y/W/N] does what she can for a flip in these tunnels and dives under Breezepelt playfully, and they begin to play-wrestle. He eventually gets the upper hand and pins her down. "Bow down to me for I, Breezestar, am your leader!" "You wish you were!" [Y/W/N] lets out a dramatic huff. "Don't make me force you to bow down to me." "I'd like to see you try!" He stares at her weirdly for about a minute before he rapidly and unexpectedly starts licking her shoulder. "Whaa.. What in Starclan?" "Bow.. Down to me!" He mews in between licks. [Y/W/N] begins squirming. "Never!" Breezepelt continues his weird licking of her shoulder. "Would you rather me bow down to you instead?" "Well, that wouldn't be fair--" Though his gaze softens it begins to coat with seriousness, causing [Y/W/N] to slightly panic. "Listen, even if you wouldn't bow down to me, I would--" [Y/W/N] crooks her head awkwardly and he almost falls on her when he hears a voice from behind him. "[Y/W/N], this has to stop." [Y/W/N] doesn't notice how hard Breezepelt seems to be glaring at Jayfeather but instead lets her tail rise up again. "Hi Jayfeather!" "Yeah. Hello, Jayfeather." [Y/W/N] only notices it when Breezepelt growls out a sentence to him. "We're going back to camp." Jayfeather glares at Breezepelt  and walks up to [Y/W/N], quickly forcing her away with his tail. Though Breezepelt was thrice his size he keeps a fake friendly tone in his voice. "Why is that, Jayfeather? Is there something wrong with meeting up because we're friends?" "Actually, Breezepelt, there is. It's against the warrior code!" "It is?! But we m--" Jayfeather quickly silences her by glaring at her but Breezepelt doesnt seem to notice. "All I ever hear about is that stupid warrior code! When it is gone, there wont be a warrior code worth breaking. Worth following. Your the reason why Crowfeather doesnt love me, you wont be the reason why no cat at all won't even be my friend!" Jayfeather seemed shocked but immediately pushes it away. [Y/W/N], on the other hand, didn't even believe Breezepelt said that. He wasn't like this when he was... [Y/W/N] doesn't manage to finish her thoughts before she sees Breezepelt was literally about to leap at Jayfeather who had a clue of it. She steps in front of him trying her best to seem mutual and not protective. "[Y/W/N], why don't you just join Windclan? We'll take even better care of you than Thunderclan. I'll make sure we do! Join us, [Y/W/N]." "What?!" [Y/W/N] almost falls over at this. "I cant leave Thunderclan!" "Indeed. She cant and shes not." Jayfeather gives such a hard glare at Breezepelt, [Y/W/N] doesnt even know how Breezepelt managed it. Breezepelt returns the glare just as harshly.  "Your staying because of Jayfeather, aren't you? Is he making you feel pressured? I can change that." "...what?!" Breezepelt lunges at Jayfeather but was knocked off his feet by [Y/W/N]. "I wouldn't suggest that, [Y/W/N]. Stay out of my way. I've been waiting for this moment, you know. I know more moves than what you saw as we play fought. Those were nothing compared to what I know. Stay out of it, okay? Just enjoy the show." "Hes a medicine cat!" Breezepelt impatiently flicks his tail. "Move." "Never!" Breezepelt tries dodging her and lunges at Jayfeather again, but [Y/W/N] leaps infront of him and takes the blow. "[Y- [Y/W/N]! I told you to move!"   Breezepelt tries looking unaffected but as the blood seeps out of [Y/W/N]'s wound, he fails. Jayfeather immediately presses against her bleeding side in effort to stop the bleeding but is far too horrified to say anything.  "I-if you dont stay away from him, ill die to defend him. Thats what I promised Firestar when I joined Thunderclan, that I would die to save my clan. Are you going to kill me, Breezepelt?" [Y/W/N] looks at him trying her best to show the most pain she can, hoping it would make him more guilty.  "I thought you were my friend." [Y/W/N] notices Breezepelt looked ready to lunge again, but he was crippling. "I wanted to be, but did you expect me to just turn on my clan after I spend two nights with you? Put aside my clan for a moment, but a defenseless, blind medicine cat that doesn't know anything about fighting?" Breezepelt springs up immediately as she says this. "He deserves it!" "Breezepelt, I didn't even know meeting with you broke the warrior code, and if I did know do you really think I would have done it? I'm sorry but just because you think Jayfeather is at fault for Crowfeather hating you doesn't mean you can kill him. I couldn't leave a cat to die for that stupid reason! Jayfeather never did anything in specific besides being born. Why cant you see things the way I do?" Breezepelt doesn't let his fur lie flat and he begins turning to Windclans side of the caves. "It doesn't matter if you don't stay loyal to me, [Y/W/N], but I will stay loyal to you." [Y/W/N] can almost feel his pain echoing from his words in the tunnels as he pulls himself out of the tunnels. "Jayfeather, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" [Y/W/N] rapidly smells him and he flinches away. "I'm fine, but your wound is getting worse. We're going to forget this ever happen and you got attacked by one of the rouges." [Y/W/N] was confused by a moment but realized this was Jayfeathers way of covering for her.

-Jayfeather's POV-

I just couldn't bring myself to shame [Y/W/N]. When I promised to protect her, of all times I could have spaced out I spaced out then and I did nothing  as she fought with Breezepelt. I should have been the one to take that blow! If I just hadn't intruded, [Y/W/N] wouldn't be bleeding out of the wound he had gave her. I had to warn her some time though; he looked like he was about to tell her something that should be kept to himself. Maybe I did the right thing...

- Back to [Y/W/N] -

[Y/W/N] and Jayfeather return to camp after freshly grooming themselves and telling Brightheart what Jayfeather decided would happen, happen. Brightheart luckily believed it in an instant and with three agreeing mouths, the clan would probably believe it too. I feel so guilty... Should I? I broke the warrior code! Breezepelt was so hurt, though... Maybe I should come back tomorrow to apologize? If hes there. What if he attacks me? Jayfeather wouldn't even manage to have enough insults to shame me for it! Would Breezepelt really do that? Whatever! I'm going to apologize and end this. Its decided. [Y/W/N] was needed to sleep in the medicine cat den and she knew it wasn't just because of her new wound. Briarlights mother who was said to be Millie pestered Jayfeather to the point where he finally let Briarlight sleep in the warriors den one last time with her, and since Leafpool helped Jayfeather but still was considered a warrior she was sleeping in the warrior den too; thus leaving Jayfeather and [Y/W/N] alone. [Y/W/N] settled down on one of the sick cats nests and Jayfeather in his. She begins grooming herself. "[Y/W/N], how do you look like?" Great Starclan, Jayfeather! All of the things that just happen and you decide to ask how I look like?  Still unpredictable as always. "Well, I have F/C fur and {Marking} with E/C eyes..." [Y/W/N] trails off and she notices Jayfeather staring determinedly at her as if he was trying to imagine how she looked like. "And you look like a lopsided badger." She finishes.  He glares at [Y/W/N] but flops down in his nest. The concentration in his eyes faded to guilt. [Y/W/N] lets out a groan for this and he looks over to her curiously. "Stop looking so guilty! Your horrible at hiding your emotions as much as you want to think otherwise." Before he can protest [Y/W/N] gets out of her nest and settles besides him. "I didn't say you could come over here!" "Stop being such a mouse brain and enjoy my presence." "Like I would!" "Too bad if you don't. I'm not moving." [Y/W/N] takes one last glance at him and notices he doesn't even seem mad about it rather than relieved. As she drifted off to sleep, the one last thing she didn't know was how Breezepelt was looking up hopefully at the end of Thunderclans tunnels into the stars, hoping and imagining to see [Y/W/N]'s cheerful face looking back down at him once more as she did the last time he had saw her, as he would be for moons to come.