~Jayfeather X Reader~|21|

[Y/W/N] wakes up in the middle of the night again. She swallows back a growl. Why does this keep happening? She notices Jayfeather, again, staring at her through the walls of the warrior den. [Y/W/N] carefully gets up. A warrior notices and wakes up long enough to  let out a soft hiss but goes back to sleep. "That took long enough." Oddly enough, [Y/W/N] forgot why she came outside of the den and remembers when she gets scared out of her fur by Jayfeathers grumpy mew. He rolls his eyes. "Yeah. Do you need something?" [Y/W/N] asks drowsily. "No, I stayed awake until Leafpool began her obnoxious snoring just because I felt like it. Yes, I need something!" "Get on with it. Im tired." "You arent the only one." Jayfeather growls just low enough to be heard and flicks his tail in signal for [Y/W/N] to follow him. They meet in some part of the forest; it was in unclaimed territory and Jayfeather led her into water to cover her scent. Whats he planning now? A badger invasion? "So, where do I start..." [Y/W/N] realizes they're at his destination and sits down. Jayfeather begins pacing as if this is literally destroying him internally. "It all started when I found this stick-" [Y/W/N] breaks into laughter. "Stop laughing, this is important!" "S-Sorry! Heheh.." "Anyways. So I knew this stick was extremely important, and it was. It links to the past along with my ability to visit the past. I met a cat name rock..." He continues with his ramble, and [Y/W/N] tries her best to suck in each part of it. He finishes soon after talking about the Tribe of Endless Hunting, Half Moon, How the Tribe of Rushing Water came to be, the ancients, Jay's Wing, Lion's Roar, Dove's Wing, etc etc. "Anyways... That isnt really as important as this is, though. I just had to tell some cat and your, like, one of the only ones I dont hate. I just dislike you firmly-" "Jay's a softie." "Stop." "Naooo!" "I take back what I said about not hating you." "Too bad I dont believe that." "I dont care if you believe me or not on that, but you wont believe this." He draws in a sharp breath. "While I was at the moon pool, Half Moon told me something.. But Spottedleaf came after her." "Uh-huh." "She told me that I have a destiny unlike other medicine cats. That I have the future weighed on my shoulders. You know that, though." "Uh-huh." "She said, to make up for all of the suffering I have been through because of the prophecy and being forced to become medicine cat... The ancients, everything..." "Uh-huh." "She-She said I can pick a mate! Can you believe how stupid that is?" He tears up the grass beneath him with his claws. [Y/W/N] flops on her side dramatically. "What horror!" ". . . Not what I meant. Why would she even tell me that? Does she think I like a she-cat or something? Half Moon just told me she didnt care about me. Spottedleaf had to have seen that! The other clans will be in fury when they find this out. Does the rest of Starclan even agree?" While he continues muttering other stuff, [Y/W/N] lets out a low growl to get his attention. "Just trust her. She'll tell the leaders if she has to, and the leaders will tell the clans. You shouldnt be focused about that. You should be focused on how you can even mate with dead cats in the first place." Jayfeather forces himself to painfully swallow back a snort. "After everything I tell you, your concerned on how ill mate with Half Moon." "Well, thats just what I would do if I was in your place." "So, you want to be with Half Moon?" "...What?" "Never mind. Anyways though, Spottedleaf clearly wasnt talking about her and I dont-" Jayfeather gets interrupted again by something that he at first thinks is [Y/W/N], due to the similar scent, but isnt. [Y/W/N] can see a figure harshly paw his side that she recognizes as Zapper. He disappears quickly, though, and Jayfeather flinches since he clearly didnt expect that to happen. "...Hey Jayfeather?" "What?" "This is random, but why doesnt Zapper look as young and healthy as our other ancestors?" "When cats die, they will return to their ancestors as they were the time in their life they were the happiest. In Zapper's case, that means he was the happiest in his oldest days when he met you." "Oh." He flinches again if hes only just realizing something and scowls at something [Y/W/N] probably cant see. "Well," [Y/W/N] starts, quickly rasping her tongue against her paw and dragging it over her ear, "What ever Starclan intended to happen with this... Just prove to them you can get through it. If they didnt say you had to find a mate and you dont want one, dont get one. If you want one, tell Thunderclan what Starclan said and get one. Its just that simple... Isnt it?" He turns towards [Y/W/N] and glares at her harshly. She forces herself not to cripple under his gaze. "No, its not that simple! Its so much more than that. Starclan is never this direct. A newborn kit would have enough sense to know that!" He snaps and lashes his tail. "I dont think a newborn kit even knows what Starclan is, Jayfeather." "Its. An. Expression." [Y/W/N] rolls her eyes even though he couldnt see it but she lets out a hum. "Anyways, perhaps you should discuss this with Firestar in the morning. I dont really know how to help you with this, even if ill stay by your side throughout it." He lets out a soft growl. "Your right. ... For once." "Oh please, im always right." "Keep your fur on, you self-absorbed mouse brain." "Im so offended. I dont know how I can continue living." "Are you being sarcastic with me?" "Oh, im so sorry. I must have forgotten; you are the leader of sarcasm. All hail Jaystar!" For a minute [Y/W/N] thinks Jayfeather was about to choke her with his stick but he only bats his paw at her side, not bothering to take out his claws. "You can go back to sleep now, by the way." He says, twitching his whiskers in amusement. "Thank Starclan! I dont think I can even feel my paws." "Im not carrying you back to the warriors den." "Hmm.. Well, will you carry me back to the medicine cat den?" "No." "Oh well, I tried." Jayfeather slits his eyes and sighs as he begins walking back to his den, [Y/W/N] trailing after him. Once she arrived she happily slithers into her nest, letting sleep wash over her. The last things she heard when she drifted off were the soft gusts of wind hitting the warrior den, the gentle snoring of the sleeping warriors around her, distant and faded lapping of the waves in the lake, Berrynoses loud snoring and Jayfeather yowling at Leafpool for messing up his herb garden for the five minutes he was away.

Hey guys! Plot twist..~ Sorry this was so short. Im also extremely sorry I havent updated in so long... Im just running out of ideas again and didnt really have a reason to continue. When I saw I had 1.3K reads on this book... I didnt even notice at first until now. I cant believe myself for being so oblivious! It really inspired me to keep going. I think im going to speed up this Jayfeather X Reader so I can start Scourge and the other beautiful toms (And she-cats!) you folks want. Ill try to keep myself in place until then, though! Have a wonderful day. :)