~Jayfeather X Reader~|25|

A/N: Hello all you glorious readers! I hope you're having an amazing day. Todays chapter is going to be quite short because of how long the next chapter will be. I hope you enjoy anyways! 

 [Y/W/N] wakes up. She forgets where she was for a moment and questions why shes in the medicine cat den, and then feels how sore her muzzle is.  She also realized herbs were pressed on tightly to her cheek, and they smelled fresh. She must had been out cold if Jayfeather could have applied them without her waking up. She must have slept through yesterday and last night. The sun had just seemed to be rising. She quietly yawns. Dont I need to meet Bumblestripe tonight? Jayfeather noses through the den with a mouthful of herbs. When he hears her stirring, he drops them and lets out an angry growl.  "About time you woke up! I almost thought you hit the wrong spot on your head. Have you been getting enough sleep recently?" He continues pacing around her and muttering on about how much danger she was in by hitting that spot on her muzzle even though it was considerably far away from her upper head, how she could have gotten hurt, how he didnt think she was going to wake up, and that she was a complete mouse brain. He also seemed to have completely forgotten about his herbs. "Calm down,  I was just tired." He jerks his head towards her. "Calm. Down? You could have DIED!" "All I did was hit a small rock, Jayfeather.."  [Y/W/N] muttered, beginning to get worried. "You had blood pouring from your head." "I wasnt bleeding that much." He scoffs and picks up his herbs, bringing them to his storage. "You need to be more careful," he continues. "Cats care about you, you know." [Y/W/N] flicks her tail. "Yeah, but you're the only one this worried." Jayfeather slowly turns towards her, a glare as cold as stone present on his features. "Im a medicine cat. Im supposed to care. You wouldnt understand, either way." He scoffs and turns back to whatever medicine cats do. "Alright." [Y/W/N] says, deciding to let him win. "By the way, though, am I still alright to see Bumbles-" "No." he interrupts quickly. "But I feel fine." [Y/W/N] insists. "You're not going. He'll understand." Jayfeather meows firmly, his tail beginning to lash faster. At this point [Y/W/N] thought he was about to claw her muzzle off so she decided to just stop asking questions. What if Bumblestripe was worried? No, she tells herself firmly. Jayfeather said he'd understand. She tries stretching her stiff muscles but is still tired from the blood she cant bring herself to admit to losing. Jayfeather seems to notice her discomfort, and puts four poppy seeds in front of her without a word. "Thanks," [Y/W/N] mutters and takes them gratefully. After a few minutes, she finds her eyes drooping, and falls into a peaceful sleep. The last thing she hears before losing consciousness is a teasing but gentle voice calling her a mouse-brain.