Six.

Ni's POV

Stasi found a dress for me to wear for the Alpha ball tonight. It's off shoulder with lace covering the top and silk at the bottom. To match it she gave me diamond accessories. Much to Stasi's dismay, I wore no shoes as the dress was long enough for me not to wear shoes. I didn't want to wear any and couldn't convince me te the entire time we were getting ready. I had a feeling something was going to happen tonight and my feelings are never wrong. Anna wore a purple dress with a split coming up to her mid thigh, Devin wore a white tux with a red tie. Sophia and Lax decided to wear black, they are mates so it was expected that they would match.

We were two hours late but it's not like I wanted to go anyway. I told Jax to stay in my room tonight and he gladly complied, while locking Stasia out. I could feel people staring at me as I walked down the stairs behind everyone else, no doubt looking at my visible tattoos. Whispers went around the room aggressively as my feet hit the last cold step. "Asha, you look stunning." Isaac said as I approached the husband and wife pair. Something behind me caught her attention and she shook her head, "You've got to be kidding me." Taking a flute of champagne from the maid, I turned to see what Stasi was staring at. The fake red head was walking slowly down the stairs with the most revealing dress I've ever seen. All she got were quick glances from people that could care less about who she is. Most of the Alphas here already have mates, so they weren't interested in her. Once she realized that she wasn't getting attention she started coming down the stairs angrily, a little quicker this time.

At one point she must've tripped because she started falling down the stairs while failing her arms instead of turning to stop herself. I almost spit out the champagne in my mouth at the sight but that led to me swallowing it down too fast and I ended up choking. Noticing my dilemma, Stasi snickered and tapped my back as I controlled my choking. "Shame on you for laughing at the poor girl. Oh dear, she's still falling." I looked back and saw her getting herself together before falling again, I chuckle. "Can someone please help the poor girl back up the stairs to freshen up?!!" Stasi shouted to one of the warriors on the side, she chuckled softly and shook her head. The girl refused the help and sent a glare our way before lowering her head in shame and quickly disappearing up the stairs. At least she's not falling this time, good for her.

Some of guests came and started to talk to Stasi while I stood to the side sipping some champagne. Devin suddenly came to me. "Asha , those people..." I followed his gaze to the two people I hate the most in my life. My eyes shift to Sam, the person I once regarded as my brother. His baby blue eyes met mine and looked at me in disgust and shock, his eyes shifted to shock so quickly that the average person wouldn't realized that he was digusted by the sight of me. "Violet. You're alive! I looked for you all these years! Where have you been?!" His voice raising causing attention to me as he walked over. Violet was a nickname he used to call me because of my eyes. I also remember that he wished that he had eyes like mine since purple eyes are so rare in the world. Since he drew attention, they walked over. Sensing my discomfort Sophia, Lax and Anna walked over and stood next to Devin. "Sam? What is it?" Concern dripped from her words as she reached her son, taking two steps back I glared at these people in front of me.

Sam spoke to them. His tone sounded so calm but underneath that it, he was panicking. "Mom, Dad. It's Violet!" Confused eyes soon turned to shock as they saw me, glaring at them. John gulped before staring at my neck. " I can never forget that scar , I gave it to her myself." John mumbled. It's true, he always boasted about that to me. Saying it was his best work on me yet and although the tattoo covered it the scar was still slightly visible. But I didn't think he would be stupid enough to admit it in a room full of Alphas and Betas who have better hearing than him. It's really pathetic. A crowd started to form around us, they were either curious about what is about to happen or they were looking for some form of entertainment. Even the music stopped. I raised an eyebrow at Kerry who stepped closer to me. "Not a step closer." Devin said to her. 

She smiled. "It's really you, isn't it?" As if he was trying to ease the tension Sam turned to me. "What happened to you? I left to go to warrior training because I was picked to be the next Royal warrior from our pack. Only to come back hearing that you ran away. I was looking for you after finding your blood near the border and thought you were dead." I smiled. This has got to be a fucking joke, that sentence just seemed so fake. He clearly needs acting lessons. He stepped closer to me only to be pulled back by his Mother. "Stay away from her Sam. She be deranged. You know how rogues are. We don't know when she'll start killing people." Kerry said. Anna growled at her menacingly and she took a step back. Kerry cleared her throat before she started speaking again. "I thought you looked familiar when you first came in but now I see that it's really you."

She's looking for a ground to stand on right now, so what'll come out of her mouth now is just lies and maybe some truths. Humoring these people to get information out of them isn't bad for me right now. I think it's best for me to go with that for now.

Devin's POV

I pulled Anna when I took a step back. Asha seems to want some kind of information out of them and Anna can't interfere. She's the most hot headed one, after Asha. Now that I think about it, this isn't right. I didn't know they would be here and I checked the guest list twice last night and this morning. It's an Alpha Ball and they are the only warriors here."Why are they here?" I asked Isaac who shrugged and looked at Stasi. "It must be a last minute decision made by my son." Asha didn't want us to interfere but it took everything in me just to not rip these people into shreds. The doors suddenly opened and Jax ran through everyone but before he could get to us, he bumped into them.

Jax apologized and took one step in our direction before he was ripped back, the man, John I think his name was had his hand wrapped around the back of Jax's neck. Asha's body tensed up.  Sophia, Anna, Lax, Issac, Stasi and myself took two steps back. Anna gave me an uneasy look before nodding to Asha. We all knew that she was about to blow up and the ignorant people in front of her are about to die. I shook my head to Anna, this isn't something we should get involved in.