Twenty

Jax's POV

Uncle Dev nearly choked on his bottle of whiskey when I said that. Grandmother smiled at me once she heard it. I broke from the chains and wrapped my arms around my mates. Tamina leaned in to give me a kiss but I shook my head at her, now wasn't the time to show affection. "I'm disappointed. I thought the trial would've been more drama really. Good thing Jax is right to the point though." I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Mom smiling at me, even though she looked weak as if she was in pain. "Hey mom." We smiled at each other as she touched my cheek. I immediately felt warmth flow through me. "You scared me once again. Give me heads up next time, okay?" She chuckled and nodded. A man stood behind her in a protective stance. Considering that no one realized that Mom woke up, it would have to been him that made it happen. No one commented on it but I felt that they all realized as well. How tense he got when everyone suddenly crowded around her but didn't speak. Xander was all smiled when he approached Mother, as if he didn't try to disrespect her earlier. Well that was before he got a good look at the man behind her and turned pale.

"Yyyyo....you... you....." He stumbled back in shock. Stasi and Issac and ran over happily, ignoring their son. "It's good to have you back, my dear. I missed you terribly." Stasi hugged Mom but at this time, Issac noticed the man standing behind her and tapped Stasi on the shoulder. He had a knowing look in his eyes. "Stasi, I think my eyes decieve me. Is that....?" Stasi didn't mind him at first but when she looked up, she paused as if she lost all the breath in her body. "Xavier? Is that you?" She approached the man with tears in her eyes as she spoke. The man remained silent for a moment as if contemplated if he should answer or not. "Don't try to deny it. You think, I can't notice my eldest child? I know you. I know you all too well." Stasi said as she grabbed his hands. He didn't pull away from her and slowly hugged her instead. Stasi cried into his chest, there was some sort of relief in her cries. It's making me a bit curious. I look at Mom and she just smiled at me.

"Guys, I think we should leave them to have this moment, plus I'm starved. It's soon dinner and I need to get a bath." I walked off the podium with my mates. Everyone else expect Grandmother and Grandfather left the podium with us. I'm guessing, we'll know once everything is sorted out between them. Anna walked up to me but I ignored her. She should know that I'm not very pleased with her right now. She actually attacked me after I killed Stasia, considering that she heard what I said, she just disregarded it and attacked me. She has no words to say to me that would make me forgive her. "You can't stay mad at Anna forever, babe." Tia said as we walked through the track in the woods. "It wouldn't have mattered if she didn't now the situation at hand. But she attacked me knowingly, while disregarding the words I spoke. She attacked to kill. That is unforgiveable." Clapping could be heard from the trees above us. "I agree. She really is unforgiveable. A girl I've never seen before jumps down from a tree and smiled at me. "You must be my little brother. Jaxon, right?"

"Who are you?" I asked, pushing the girls behind me. The girl smiled and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I'm your big sister. Xavier is my Father and Niasha Rose is my mother. Name's Kingsley." I scoffed at her, "Whatever." Walking back to the pack, Kingsely follows after us and looks around like a child at a candy store. We got to Mom's house and entered to see Xavier walking down the stairs. "I told you not to run around, Kingsley." She smiled at Xavier. "I had to go and pick up my little brother and introduce myself, Dad. Can't let you have all the fun." He glared at her, "There's a reason for my words." He looks at me. "Quickly go and see your Mother, I'm going to the pack hospital to get the Doctor."
I ran up the stairs quickly when I heard his words. When I got to Mom's bedroom, she was laying in the bed. I approach her and touch her forehead. "She's burning up, she needs to cool down." I mumble to myself.

When Xavier got back with the Doctor, Mom's temperature was back to normal but she was bleeding. I couldn't tell from where either. It was almost like it was from everywhere. "What happened to the Alpha? Where is she bleeding from?" Doc asked but I shook my head, "I'm not sure. It started happening like this just a few seconds ago." Doc nods and examines Mom's body. "I think it would be best to get Elder Dimitri and Elder Liana here." Xavier nodded and ran off, "What is it? Why are you sending for my Grandparents?" Doc sighes. "This is beyond what I can do on my own, when I first started examining the Alpha's body, her pores were just pushing blood out of her system but now.... The skin keeps breaking in the same place over and over again." Grandmother and Grandfather both rushed into the room. Doc explained what he told me and Grandmother nodded. "Help me flip her on her back." She said to Grandfather, who complied. Grandmother took a step forward and ripped mother's shirt down the back. The sight that awaited us was horrendous, it was as if the bones in her back were forming something by breaking smaller bones or pieces from bigger bones and putting them together. We could actually see the bones moving below the skin and a few times , a couple pieces would break skin for a second before the wounds heal temporarily. Only for the process to start again.