Eleven.

Ni's POV

It's been four years since the events at the lycan castle, Issac and Stasi came back with us but we decided to leave Anastasia behind. I love her dearly....... but she would've been a obstacle for Jax who was teleported to another country while we were on our way back from the Palace. They weren't mates and she was too clingy. It took him a month to get home which exceeded my expectations of him. Dad kept him outside in the woods for another month before he could come inside the house. Lately there has been reports from scouts that the kingdom has been under a number of repeated attacks of rogues but every time the formation of warriors are changed the formation of attacks change with it. Xander sent out a meeting invite to all surrounding alphas and leaders to discuss the plan of counterattacks. I rushed downstairs and jumped on Devin's back, the idiot was gone for a year saying it was time he found his mate. "I missed you too." He said as I jumped down.

You should've died for not coming back sooner.

I told him as I glared at him, he smiled and bowed sarcastically before wrapping his hand around my shoulders, You know you missed me. Don't deny it." I shrug off his hand and pushed him away with a smile. "When I heard what was happening I rushed back. Where is Mom and Dad?" Someone cleared their throat at the door and I turned to her, "Luna, this is my sister Niasha. Asha, this is my mate, Luna." She walked over to Devin while glaring at me. I smiled, showing her my fangs.

She's pretending to be human and  you still got her pregnant. Quite the interesting mate you have there, brother. Mom and Dad are training the adults, they'll be done soon. Don't think I'll go easy on her because she's pregnant.

Devin nodded to me. "Since they'll be done soon, where's Jax?" Luna looked between us confused by the one sided conversation. "How is she talking to you?" Jax appeared behind me a second later and went to hug his Uncle. Luna pulled on Devin's hand, pulling him out of the hug with Jax. "You gave me the basics but not everything, so explain. Now." Devin glances at me and Jax before looking at his mate. "We have telepathic powers. I told you before Luna." She nodded. Motioning for them to leave, they step to the side as I approach Luna. "What the hell is she doing?" Even though Devin is my brother I still call the shots around here. She couldn't have gotten through the barrier if she was causing any harm to my pack members or myself, however I wanted to give her a slightly hard time.

Why are you pretending to be human?

She stumbled back but I caught her before she could fall to the ground. "Does he know?" I nodded as I let her go. "I think it's something we need to speak about in private before I can disclose it to outsiders?" Mom and Dad stood at the door seemingly picking up on my conversation with Luna. I didn't get a chance to ask her anything else before suddenly vomiting out blood. "Mom!" Jax was beside me before anyone could move.

I'm fine Jax. Just get me a tissue please.

"How many episodes have you have since I've left?" I gave Devin a look as Jax returned. The room was quiet as I wiped my mouth of blood and I knew what they were thinking. Someone managed to get through the barrier, even with the intention to hurt one of my pack members. "Someone forcefully entered the barrier." Devin said to our parents as we walk out the house towards the border. When we got there a girl was laying there on her stomach covered in cuts and mud. When I turned her over, her necklace caught my eye. Quickly I ran my hands over her body, healing her cuts with a simple spell. Moving her hair out off her face, she opened her eyes. "Niasha? You were here? All this time?"

She pulled away from me as she sat up. "Wow, you haven't aged a bit. How could you leave me?!" I reached out to her but she pushed my hand away. I reached out and touched the break in the barrier. A group of thirty rogue vampires stood there. I smiled and stepped forward letting my fangs elongate. Ten minutes later I was where I started with no bodies left to say there was even a fight. When I turned Anna, Lax, Sophia and Devin stood looking at me in worry. "This is not good Asha. It's still early, Sophia put back up the barrier" I shook my head.

It's more than that.. I signed, If I use too much magic or any of my powers I just cough up a little blood.
Devin scoffed, "Think about your fucking self for once! You can fool the others but you can't fool me! You're weak because of the poison you absorbed from that Lycan when you killed his little whore! Stop taking shit for people and then act like everything's ok." I shook my head at him. That's not true Devin. You need to calm down. I signed. "We all knew." Devin held my hand. "We aren't completely oblivious, Asha."

"We carried on like normal, every single pack member on the territory knows but we all pretended not to notice when you started signing more regularly, when you used your powers less, how pale you looked after you used them and how you locked yourself in your office during your worse episodes. We all fucking pretended for you! And part of the problem was when you put a piece of your fucking heart into Anastasia's necklace! Only for her to scorn after you saved her fucking life once again! So if I have to say put that fucking barrier up one more fucking time. No one will like it." Devin began walking away, bringing me with him as Sophia put up the barrier. A violent cough over took me and I started to vomit blood all over the grass. Hearing Devin telling me to stay awake was the last thing I heard....