Eighteen

Jax's POV

"Jax!" Jackson stood over me, as I shield my eyes from the light. He helped me up as I looked around to see everyone surrounding us. Just as I was bout to say something, I caught my Anna's eyes and she shook her head. "Jax?" Issac stood in front of me as he spoke. "You were laying on the ground unconscious when we gor here. What happened?" I shook my head still trying to figure out if what I saw and heard was an illusion of some kind but that doesn't make any sense as to how Anna was there, in the flesh. It all felt so real yet so fake at the same time. As if reading my mind Anna walked towards me. "I'll take Jax up to my room. I can calm his mind." Stasia held my hand instead. "why your room? He's going to mine."

She attempted to pull me but I made no effort to move, she sighed "Fine, then I'll go with you." I pulled away from her, "let's go Jax. C'mon" We teleported inside her room. "What the hell Anna , mind telling me what the fuck is going on?" She raised an eyebrow at me as she poured herself a shot of Brandy. "Sorry." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "She isn't healed enough to come out of seclusion." Now I'm even more confused than before. Is mom doing this for the plan? "When I first met your mother, I was surprised to see someone more powerful than me. Even though I am a demon, I'm a demon hunter. Normal demons have black eyes, I did too at one point. I got a tip that a couple demons were wreaking chaos in a nearby city and I went to check it out. Long story short, it was a trap setup by one of my people who betrayed me. I ended up with several wounds but still managed to get away. After a few hours of running, I started getting tired." Anna got up and took up the whole bottle, looking at it for a while before saying fuck it and took a swing from the bottle.

"I ran into a field and crashed. When I woke up, Asha sat next to me on a makeshift bed asking who I was and where I came from. You know, the usual paranoia. But she looked way worse than me even considering the fact that I was supposed to be dead." Anna paused before taking another long drink, I've never seen her like this. However, I dare not speak a word or I'll never hear the rest of this story. "I didn't realize at first but her voice was echoing in my head. She wasn't directly facing me and I didn't feel anyone trying to get into my head. When I approached her, she had three deep scratch marks on her face." I couldn't help but to stop her right there. "I never heard or seen mom with scars like that on her face." Anna chuckled. "Of course she doesn't anymore..... She told me about what happened to her, what made her hide in such a jungle like place on her own. What she told me is something that I never wanna repeat again. After that we went to Dimitri's mansion and started to build a pack. You know the rest."

I nodded and sighed. "I just miss her." Even though its been like an hour. Anna smiled and I sat next to her. "I love you Anna." She groaned and pushed me again slightly. I laughed as the mood lifted from what it was before. "I love you too hun" The door was harshly pushed open revealing Stasia with tears in her eyes. I sighed in annoyance and counted down to five in my mind to see how long it would take. "Is it her?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion at her question. "Is it her who you had sex with?" I snorted and stood up as Stasia stepped inside the room. "Jax, you do know something is wrong with her, right? Don't be harsh." Anna said from next to me. I took a step forward. "If I decide to have sex with my mate, that isn't any of your concern, Princess." She scoffed. "I am your mate! I am your only mate! There is no one else you should be having sex with!"

"You aren't my mate, you never were my mate. That's the entire truth, so you should stop fooling yourself and others." I grab her hand when she went to hit me and pushed her off. "Why did you mark me then? Anna is right here as a witness." She pulled her shirt down and I looked away, not wanting to see it. "This is not a mark, Stasia." When I heard Annna's words, I smirked and looked in her direction. "That's impossible! That day you marked me and then took away the necklace you gave me! Why did you do that if I wasn't your mate?" I sigh. "To put my venom in your body. What other reason would their be? I thought you were smart, since you hatched such a plan at your young age but I guess that was too much to ask of you. You dabbled in something that didn't concern you and Mom was nice enough to protect you from the backlash, hoping that you would change your ways. However because of your foolishness, Mom's body forcibly entered seclusion. I should kill you right now and rid my family of parasites like you and your father."

I actually did like Sia when we were younger, but only as a younger sister. Mom carved piece of her heart out to place into the crystal that was made to protect Stasia from the backfire of a spell Stasia used to break off her real mate bond and tried to fake a connection between us. At that time, Mom thought this would be the best way to stop her from suffering the backlash but Stasia was so foolish that she tried to cast the spell numerous times over the years. The crystal took most of the backlash from the spell but it cracked and the backlash quickly took root in her mind. So, in truth we were never mates. That is the reason why she's been acting this way lately. "Kill me then. When you do, I'll cur-" She spat out blood before she could finish her sentence and looked down as my hand slowly came out of her chest with her heart in my hand.

"Jaxon!!! What fuck did you just do?!!" Ignoring her, I froze the heart and crushed it into dust. Stasia's body fell at my feet, just as I got thrown through the window. Anna stood in the window sill, fire in her eyes as she watched me land on my feet. She jumped out the window, heading straight for me. Taking her feet, I broke them before she could touch the ground which gave me a couple seconds to run towards Mom. Just as I reached the barrier I got a kick to my spine, breaking it. "What is that one rule regarding mates, Jaxon?" I didn't answer, my bones were already healing besides she's acting foolishly even after hearing what I said, so I didn't bother to answer. "You're like my nephew Jaxon but how could you, in front of me no less, kill Stasia?" Gasps were heard further down the path and I knew everyone heard. "For smart individuals, you guys are kinda slow. Grandmother and Grandfather already figured it out, you've really let down Mother's expectation of you." I laughed and turned over as my bones finished healing. "The punishment of killing a mate is death. You've killed people when they broke this rule already. What makes you think that you're different?" Once again no answer came from me.