Winter Nights

There is heat. Its surrounding me with its unwanted presence. I scream for my mom, she isn't here. My mum wasn't anywhere in sight. When I turn around, I see a dark entity holding my soulless mother, with her now emotionless eyes. The dark shadow holding my mom dropped her on the ground. When the shadow turned around towards me, I start running through the burning town, heading towards the woods. Tears were staining my cheeks, and blinding my eyesight.

I run aimlessly, pass the screaming boy, the burning baker..everyone. Before I even notice my surroundings, I am almost deep in the woods. I look back at my burning town, regretting letting go of my moms hand. Screams are all I can hear, stinging my ears. I walk further, stopping when I hear cheerful voices. My feet are carried to the unknown survivors. When I'm close enough to hear them clearly, I eavesdrop on their conversation .

"Everyone, everything is all gone!"

Do I hear happiness in his voice..? Why..It must be my imagination. Soon enough they start running around giggling. They walk away, and I follow them without being noticed. I have no where else to go, I need to follow them. There were two boys; one with blond hair that was about my age, and a little boy with brown hair that was about 4.

"Pearls don't suit you old lady, you ever look in a mirror?"

How could he be so rude..? I..don't understand what that woman did wrong. There was a sudden gust of freezing cold air. I know this goosebump feeling, this was when that murderer appeared. Its back; Darkness. Without a single beam of moonlight.

"Luka its time to go home!"

The blond hair boy picked up the boy, Luka. He had soulless brown eyes just like my mom when she was brutally murdered.

"Come on wake up, whats wrong with you?"

His eyes turn as solemn as a crow's feather. He starts mumbling words, that I couldn't understand.

"Don't leave me alone! Please don't!" he screams at the top of his lungs.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how to react. Should I go up to him? Or should I leave..I had no other choice. I had no where to go back to. I walk cautiously to the blond boy kneeling on the ground sobbing. I tapped his shoulder softly.

"Are you....okay?"

"Piss off!" He sobbed out. "Go away!"

"I'm not like the villagers..I won't hurt you"

He looked up at me slowly. His pale blue eyes gleaming with tears.

"Im Frances..Frances Clure and you are?"

"Jim Maken" He faintly whispers.

I hold out my hand, he grabs it with his cold fingers.

I pull him up to his feet.

"Well its nice to meet you then, Jim" Giving him a little smirk.

He gives me a cheeky fake smile and goes back to gloom..sadness...the look of pain.

He walks off, but then turns around and holds his hand out.

"Aren't you coming?" he says walking back and taking my hand.

He grips my hand tightly and we start walking off.