16

|||||

|||||

Ashton flew through the tunnel on the back of a quad bike, travelling just behind Craig and Deran as they rode on their own. It had been a few weeks since they'd started to plan the job, Eli having since left for Hawaii and herself try to return to normal. She slowed the bike and turned back to face the way they'd came, jumping off to pass Craig the bag she'd brought with her.

He grabbed it from her hand and passed it up to Baz and Pope through the drain hole in the floor of the building, a brewery Smurf had picked out. They had given her a heap of other jobs, all worth a lot of money, but she had turned them all done. She sat back on her quad, her eyes flicking up to the man hole when the cover was slipped back on; an alarm going off seconds later. She looked to her brothers, both shrugging in reply before they looked up at Baz and Pope.

She sat still, waiting to see what would happen. It took a minute before Pope appeared above the man hole, ripping the cover back off as Baz wheeled the safe over on the trolley. Craig moved his quad so the trailer on the back was under the man hole, the men up top placing the winch over the hole. She moved to help guide it down with Deran, Craig clambering back up the ladder to push it away from the wall.

Once the safe was on the trailer, they unhooked it and let Baz wind the rope up. Ashton threw the cables at Deran and Craig, before she caught the bag Pope dropped down. She strapped it to the back of the quad, throwing her leg over the bike; starting it up again as Pope and Baz clambered down the ladder. They each climbed onto Craig and Deran's bikes, letting her take the bags as they started for the exit.

She rode in the middle, Craig to her right leading the group with Baz and Deran to her left with Pope. She kept up the speed, before she let out a curse as Craig's bike swerved toward her to avoid an homeless guy and his trolley. She tried to avoid it, but only nicked Deran's bike as her bike leant to the side. Her body slid across the wet concrete, her skin ripping open down her arm and side.

'You all right? You okay? Hey!' Baz called as he climbed off his bike, Craig following quickly after him.

A soft groan left her mouth as she pushed herself up, hissing as the air hit her open wound. She waved Craig off as he tried to help her up, pushing herself up as she leant her pounding head into her hand.

'You okay? Get up, get up, get up,' Baz urged.

He and Craig helped Deran and Pope up, leaving her to attempt to push her bike back over.

'Where'd the hell that guy come from?' Baz exclaimed; 'You good?'

'We gotta go. We got to go,' Pope stated.

Craig helped her push her bike over, watching as she leant forward onto the seat.

'Baz, you're gonna have to take the bike,' He looked up.