33

|||||

|||||

Ashton was packing things from her room into a box, piling things in carefully when she heard the front door thud against the wall. She reached for her gun beside her, releasing the safety as footsteps approached her room until Pope appeared in the door way looking flustered; almost nervous. She placed the safety back on the gun with a sigh, placing it onto the bed before she looked back up at him.

'What the hell, man? You alright?' She asked as she stood with furrowed brows.

'You seen Baz?' He gushed.

'No. What's going on?'

'Look... Shit might be about to go down.'

'Between you and Baz? Talk to me, Pope.'

'Just- If something happens to me, will you look after Lena?'

'I'm not gonna be here.'

'Yes or no?'

'Yes, when I'm around, of course.'

'Good.'

'Pope.'

She followed him as he strode through the house quickly jogging down the stairs, his body never stopping.

'Pope, what's going on?' She called after him.

'If something happens, it's all at my house,' He pulled the door open to his truck; 'Under my bed, it's all there, Ash.'

'And if you live?'

'I'll do it for you.'

She leant forward on the railing of the stairs, looking down at her brother wide eyed as he reversed out of the driveway; leaving her in a state of shock and confusion.

'What the fuck just happened?' She whispered to herself as she hit the railing with her palm; 'Shit.'

She pulled the door shut to the house and jogged down the stairs, nabbing her keys to her bike from under the stair case. She slid onto the bike and let it rumble to life beneath her as she pushed it backwards, kicking up the standing and pressing it into gear before she took off onto the road. Ashton headed straight to the bar, parking around the back before she raced inside to find Craig stuffing his things into a bag; every other question leaving her mind.

'What're you doing?' She asked.

He jumped, his head snapping over his shoulder to look at her; 'Shit.'

'So?'

'What are you doing?' Deran queried as he leant against the shelving on the other side of the room.

'I'm gonna take off for a while,' Craig spoke quickly.

'Where you going?'

'I don't know, but I'm done with this shit. Pope's crazier than ever. Baz is with some chick who's into kidnapping. Smurf's in jail, and- and J's in charge? I mean, the whole world's upside down... Why don't you both come with me? We got the cut of Smurf's money. We can just bail.'