19

|||||

|||||

Ashton eyes raked over the inside of the bar, a grin on her lips. Deran had done it. He'd officially bought it and she couldn't be happier. She turned and wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close as she threaded her fingers through the long hair on the nape of his neck. 

'I'm so fucking proud of you,' She mumbled. 

'This is nothing yet,' He replied. 

She chuckled, messing up his hair before she moved to help Craig. She loaded the beer onto the counter, accepting the one he passed her. She took a sip, eyes following the woman that Deran brought inside. The girl glanced up at Craig, who's eyes were stuck on the woman, before she nudged him. 

'No,' She stated.

'What?' He asked innocently. 

'You know what.'

He rolled his eyes as he took another sip of his beer, his eyes still on the woman with Deran. She shook her head in amusement, placing her beer down as she leant back against the bar top. 

'Loved this place,' The woman stated; 'My friends and I used to sneak in here before we were legal.'

'Yeah, it's a great beach dive,' Deran replied nervously; 'You know, just good cheap beer and no bullshit. That's how I'm gonna keep it.'

'Love that.'

'Yeah, I'm gonna open up this room a bit. Lose the drop ceiling.'

'In a week?' Craig chimed.

'Yeah, you gotta get earning, man.'

'No, I'm just sayin', that's that's a lot of work.'

'Craig, shut up,' The Wright girl flicked his forehead.

'You both the owners?' The woman asked.

'Yeah,' Craig answered.

'No, it's just me,' Deran corrected.

'Technicality.'

The pair continued on to the back room, the woman leaning inside to take a look.

'Oh! Like the fire pits down in San Onofre,' She grinned; 'Back in the day.'

'Yep. That's what I'm going for,' Deran nodded as they headed back over to the bar; 'The feel of those Friday nights before this place got taken over by all the Newport money and tourists.'

'Speaking of Fridays, I had sex in that bathroom with Jeff McNoughton.'

'Oh, okay.'

'Whoa. You're hired,' Craig leant onto the bar, earning a look from his brother; 'What? She's got history here... So you a sink girl or a stall girl? I'm- I'm a sink guy.'