Epilogue

|||||

|||||

Ashton grinned as she sculled the beer in her hand, her eyes shut as she listened to the chanting around her. She raised the bottle up into the air with a cheer as she finished first, laughing at the guy beside as he finished his drink. She fell back into her chair, smiling as she made eye contact with Eli across the table; his eyes watching her every movement. She bit her lip lightly, watching his eyes follow the movement.

They were out partying after another competition, their competitors with them around the large table at the local bar. It was their fifth stop since they'd left Oceanside again, and they were having more fun then ever. Though, she had become more reliant on alcohol and drugs to get her in a good mood. Everything that had happened before she'd left still laid heavy on her, constantly on her mind.

She pushed herself from the table, well aware of the eyes on her as she swayed slightly with each step she took around the table. She slid her hand up Eli's arm to grab his hand, pulling him up to stand without so much as a tug as he stared up at her. Cheering sounded from the table as they walked away, heading back for their motel room. Ashton was giggling as she ran up the hall, dragging her fiance after her as she went.

She spun around to face the boy as she pushed open the door, walking backwards as she reached back to undo her bikini. He stalked toward her, matching each step she took back; watching the sly smile on her lips. He was quick to pounce when her top came to hang around her neck, pushing her back down onto the bed. She squealed, laughing as her fingers came up to thread through his hair at the base of his neck.

'Hey, baby girl,' He brushed his lips over her own.

She let out a breathy moan, arching her back up so her chest was pressed lightly to his. He smirked, leaning down to kiss her slowly. She was quick to grab the hem of his shirt, pulling it up over his head; breaking their kiss for a second. He undid the rest of her bikini, throwing her into the middle of the bed as he removed her bottoms. She smirked as he came to lay between her legs, a moan leaving her mouth as he kissed the inside of the thigh.

||||||

Ashton stood over the sink in the hotel bathroom, her hands clenching the white porcelain until her knuckles turned white. Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed softly, her shaking hand moving to wipe her tears. She'd woken from a dream, a really good dream that she knew she could never have. She sniffled as Eli's arms wrapped around her waist, his lips placing kisses up her neck as he pulled her close. She looked up at him in the mirror, refusing to look at herself.

'What was it tonight?' He asked.

It wasn't the first time she'd woken like this and he'd found her in such a state, crying in the bathroom or on the bed beside him.

'His name was Koa,' She croaked; 'He had blonde, straight hair with ocean eyes... He looked like you.'

She choked on a sob as she turned in his arms, wrapping her own around his waist as she sobbed into his chest. She'd been dreaming of the children she believed she could've had, all of them boys so far. First, there had been Oakley Parker, a little boy with her dirty blonde hair and Eli's blue eyes and tan skin. She'd seen him on a beach, laughing as he played in the sand; running toward her to wrap his small arms around her.