44

||||||

||||||

Ashton let out a sigh as she woke up, her eyelids fluttering as she revelled in the warmth surrounding her. She squinted as she opened her eyes, tensing when she found herself in her room. Her eyes shot open then, flicking around the room as her breathing picked up. Fingers threaded through hers, running back and forth over her stomach; the body leaning over her.

'It's just me, baby doll,' Eli whispered in her ear after placing a kiss just behind it; 'It's just me, my sweet, sexy girl.'

She smiled then, curling into him more as her eyes fell shut. He pressed kisses down her neck, pulling her closer to him.

'You wanna go for a surf?' He asked.

'Yeh,' She nodded.

'Now, or after I make love to you?'

'Not here.'

'Then when? It's been like, a week.'

'Soon.'

'Can we just go to Hawaii for a day so I can then we'll come back?'

'No. Later, at your house.'

'I'm holding you to this.'

'You do that.'

He peppered her cheek with kisses, holding her tighter.

'What did you say to Smurf last night? She won't even look at me,' He chuckled.

'I told her,' She opened her eyes as she rolled over; 'That if she even looks at you wrong, I'll bury her six feet under.'

Eli laughed as he kissed her forehead, her cheeks hurting from smiling.

|||||

'Hey,' Ashton called as she wandered down the beach.

'Hey,' Deran muttered.

'You alright?'

'No.'

'Talk to me.'

The man sighed, looking out at the water as she sat down beside him. He linked his fingers in her before resting his head on her shoulder, letting her place a kiss to the top of his head as Adrian had not an hour before. He reminded her of a small child, innocent and lost; and it made her squirm.

'Am I loosing you?' He asked.

'Dez, how many times-' She started.

'You've been pushing me away, Ash, what else am I supposed to think?'

'You've been pushing me away, too.'

'I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry, too. I've been an arse lately, just stress cause of Smurf... Things were just simpler when she was inside, you know?'