36

||||||

||||||

Ashton strode through the house in jeans and an old jumper of Eli's, her phone pressed to her ear as she looked for J so they could leave. She was arguing with Eli at that moment, anger boiling in her stomach as she tried to stay calm with him. 

'You can't be serious, babe?' He exclaimed.

'Yeh, I am,' She hissed; 'I'll be back before the regionals, it'll be fine.'

'You said a day, not a damn week.'

'And you're supposed to be cool with it.'

'How am I supposed to be cool with it? If the guy who kills Baz comes-'

'Seriously? If he was coming for my family, they'd all be dead by now.'

'Not if Smurf's picking you off, one by one.'

'You're so fucking negative. You were the one that said it was a good idea to come home and see everyone, I didn't want to, but you said-'

'Yeh, and now, I'm telling you to come home.'

'I'm not you're fucking dog, you can't tell when to sit and stay or come.'

'I'm not treating you like a dog, Ash. I'm just fucking worried about you and I hate that you're there and I'm here, because just like that, you could be taken from me again.'

Ashton sighed as she strode past Smurf's room, quickly turning into it when she saw J and Nicky kissing. 

'Oi, you two, don't fuck in here, bad juju,' She called; 'J, let's go... Look, babe, I don't want to fight with you. I hate fighting with you. Just, please, give me this week. We'll hit this, then I'll come back, ok?'

Eli sighed, 'Ok... I love you, fiance.'

'Stop. Not yet.'

'Why?'

'Okay, well, can I at least get some money?' She heard Nicky say.

'Nicky, I told you, we can't-' J scowled.

'Well, we need groceries. You know, I won't buy organic or anything interesting-'

She threw money at the girl, a couple of hundred; 'Can we go now? J, move.'

'You didn't answer my question,' Eli pressed.

'Because, hotshot, I don't know if I'm ready for that.'

'Being engaged to me or being called my fiance?'

'No, I wanna get married to you, just- You know I'm not a fan of labels.'

'So, I can't call you my wifey when we get married?'

'You can, but not till we are, ok? We put labels on it, the easier Smurf finds out and rips us apart again. If it's somewhat permanent, we can say kiss our arse.'