43

|||||

|||||

Ashton jumped when her phone began to buzz beside her, her hand snapping down to grab it. She furrowed her brows at Craig's name, sliding her finger across the screen as she brought it up to her ear.

'Yeh?' She answered.

'You need to get to the bar,' He gushed.

'What? Why?'

'Ox's been shot and Deran's freaking, I've gone to get the first aid kit from home.'

'Alright, I'm coming.'

She stood and wiped the sand off her bum, jogging up to her bike. She threw her leg over it and shoved her helmet on, kick starting the engine before she was off. The girl weaved in and out of traffic until she was in the back alley behind the bar, shutting her engine off. She could hear the yells coming from inside, her fist knocking on the back door when she found it locked.

'Dez, it's me,' She called.

The door flew open, Deran quickly pulling her inside before slamming it shut and locking it once more.

'What are you doing here?' He asked.

'Craig said you could use some help,' She shrugged; 'What happened?'

'Tried to rob a place in broad daylight.'

'Shit.'

There was blood all over the floor and on Deran's shirt, his hands stained red. Her eyes raked over Ox's pale face, blood spilling down his chin as he coughed it up. Colby's hands pushed a towel into the gushing wound, blood staining his tee. She looked at Deran as he did something on his phone, before he held it up to his ear and walked out of the room. Ashton wandered over to the two boys, waving Colby away as she took over pressing the towel into the wound.

'Breathe, man, he's gonna be fine,' She muttered.

'He don't look so good,' He replied.

'He's gonna be fine.'

'Yeah, yeah, thank you. Gracias, gracias,' Deran muttered into the phone as he strode back into the room; 'All right. He's gonna be waiting for you at the clinic in Tijuana.'

'His lips are getting blue, man,' Colby stated, fear laced in his voice.

'Hey, Ox, talk to me, man,' She tapped his face.

She looked up as the door opened, Craig walking in with Linc behind him.

'He does not look like the first aid kit,' She stated.

'How is he?' Linc asked.

'Who the hell are you?' Colby asked.

'He can help Ox,' Craig informed him.