38

|||||

|||||

Ashton walked hand in hand with Eli into the bar, the large trophy from her win at a huge surf competition in Portugal, the first big win she'd gotten. Her face dropped when Clark Lincoln walked out of the office, Eli running into her back as she paused. 

'Hey, uh,' Clark paused to run his hand over his braided hair; 'I gave Deran a signed hat for you.'

'Thanks,' She chuckled softly.

'You win that?'

'Yeh, man.'

'Nice... Well, I'm gonna go.'

'Yeh, I guess I'll be seeing you around more often?'

'Uh, yeh. Maybe.'

The man walked past her with his head low, laughter leaving her lips when the door fell shut. 

'Yo, you fucking celebs now,' She called; 'Where's my Deran gone?'

'Funny,' The man replied as he appeared.

He wrapped his arms around her, kissing the side of her head. 

'What's up, man?' He muttered as he and Eli shared a bro hug; 'I watched your set. You almost lost it.'

'All a part of the charm,' She winked; 'Besides, I got this. Thought you'd wanna put it up in here and claim it as your own.'

'Nah, you deserve your name on this one.'

She chuckled, 'Thanks, man... So, you and Linc, aye?'

'Shut up. Oh, he got you this.'

He reached over the bar and pulled out a bright yellow cap with Clark's signature on it, causing her to start laughing. 

'Damn, that's a colour,' She stated. 

'Craig got orange,' He informed her. 

'Yeh, I'll stick with the yellow. As least it matches my old racing colours.'

'True.'

She laughed as he messed up her hair, leaning into his side as she wrapped an arm around his back. 

'Billy still around?' She asked. 

'Uh, I don't know,' He looked away; 'Haven't been home.'

'Yeh, we don't know where we're staying yet. But I can check it out if you want?'

'Nah. Don't. I don't want to know.'

'I get it,' Eli sighed; 'First time I met my Dad was when he tried to get money off Mum, I had no clue who he was. But, he smiled at me like an old friend.'

'Yeh... Alright, you want a drink?'

||||||

Ashton smirked as she leant onto the doorway of her old room to find Mia inside going through her things, chuckling at the sight of the unmade bed and clothes strewn on the floor.