Chapter 5: Escape

It was in the middle of the night, 5 youths ran their way into the woods. Only the full-moon helped them guide their way to freedom.

"Huff...Huff.." With his weak body, Kazz was at the end of the group. His small legs keep tripping over roots and his previously starved body didn't help either. He had no choice. The escape needs to be today or else the Mukamis wouldn't meet Karlheinz, the Vampire King, and make them into vampires.

"Hurry up midget!" Kou complained while he took Kazz's hand and pulled him forward.

They kept running. For the first time, they felt so close to freedom. However, this didn't last long after they heard a gunshot.

Bang-

A flock of birds flew out of fear. Kazz was sure, the Mukamis wanted to be one of those free birds too...

"*** they caught up to us!" Yuma cursed, but he continued running.

Bang-

Bullets flew and pierced us one by one. Kou was shot in his abdomen and fell on the cold ground. Yuma was shot next. Ruki, Azusa and Kazz were forced to continue without them, but they couldn't escape. They were shot too.

Compare to the Mukamis, Kazz was the most injured.

Lying on the cold ground, Kazz stared at the full moon with an annoyed expression. He used his remaining strength to move his arm to touch his heart, only to feel his damp and sticky blood.

Well, if you look at that...My heart was shot...

【Host don't worry! You have 5 minutes to survive! Keep living!】

What's the difference? I'm gonna die anyway! Hey, system? Can I have my refund?

【Host don't worry! You have 4 minutes and 30 seconds to survive! Keep living!】

So...I'm gonna die, right?

While Kazz was talking to the system, the Facility Director of orphanage ordered his employees to take the Mukamis back. He then walked over to Kazz body and noticed the boy was shot at the heart. Realizing that the boy was going to die, he decided to leave the body in the woods. "I'm sure the wolves would find him delicious."

When they all left, Kazz was still asking for the system for his refund.

Give. Me. Back. My. Refund!

【Host don't worry! You have 1 minute and 30 seconds to survive! Keep living!】

Kazz is a very strange person. If he was a normal person, he would have screamed loudly in the woods while tears falling down his cute chubby cheeks. Fortunately, Kazz was abnormal. He just looked at the full moon and formed a cute smile on his lips while waiting for the countdown to reach 0. He was still asking for his refund though....

Another 30 seconds just passed, there's only one minute left. Kazz noticed that the mood of the woods suddenly changed. The wind started to blow fiercely making the trees dance. He couldn't hear the crickets anymore nor hear the small animals in the woods. The most obvious change was that there was a group of bats flying in circles above him. They are getting closer, but the paralyzed Kazz couldn't do anything.

The bats dispersed, revealing him. My savior.

 My savior