Chapter 22: Whispering Battle (Carla and Shin part 4)

Sometimes, Kazz wonders what it would feel like to have a sibling. As an only child, Kazz always wished to have a younger or an older brother. If Kazz has a younger brother, he would spoil him dearly and be a role model older brother. He could visualize his imaginary little brother calling him "Nii-san!" while both of them holding hand and hand. If Kazz has an older sibling, he would work hard to make that brother be proud of him... He would want his imaginary older brother patting him in the head and telling him, "You did a good job..." These thoughts always made him form a sad smile on his face. 'If only...'

Even now... Sitting cross-legged on the throne, Kazz was facing the Tsukinamis with the very same sad smile. They were clearly brothers... The oldest, Carla, was too focused on being recognized by his father that he doesn't leave room for his younger brother and mother. However, it is true that Carla cares about them...He just doesn't know how to love. The youngest, Shin, looks up to his brother, which is a good thing, but it reached an abnormal level. One mistake from his idol, it would make Shin very disappointed. Both brothers clearly have the "Notice Me Senpai Disease."

 Speaking of disease...

Carla who came back to reality after seeing two men kissed each other decided to talk about serious manners, "Back in the ball, what do you mean?"

Kazz and Shin who were also back to reality turned and face Carla. Waiting for a response, Carla only saw Kazz closed his eyes and thought for a bit. When Kazz finally opened his cute pink eyes, he just giggled. "I mean what I mean. You, your mother and all the founders are all going to die..." Kazz's smile was full of ridicule. He was clearly trying to play a part of a villain.

"Where's the proof?" Carla questioned, ignoring his stunned younger brother.

"I don't want to tell you!" Kazz stuck out his tongue.

This was the first time a subspecies ever dared to make fun of him. Carla was new to this feeling and doesn't know what to act.

Shin obviously wanted to kill the brat now. Who dares make fun of my Nii-san?!

However, before Shin could leap and grabbed the vampire's small neck, the said vampire smiled at him. He doesn't know why, but his killing intent suddenly dispersed.

Kazz pointed a finger at Shin, "Come here, I'm going to tell you a secret...Please?" Kazz knew Shin's Founder pride won't allow him to order him freely, so Kazz has to use the magical word, 'please.'

As predicted, the young Shin moved towards Kazz. Looking at him warily, Kazz warned him, "If you dare use this chance to attack me, I won't tell you the secret your precious brother wants!" Kazz turned his head to the side with a hmph!

Defeatedly, Shin held back once again and leaned in. The little trap placed his cute cherry lips close to his ear, "All founders are going to die from a disease...My master told me."

Shin decided to play along and whispered back, "You really like to whisper, huh? Anyway, what do you mean by disease?"

"Master won't tell me, but If we became friends I'll give you more information later, deal?"

"Sure, but you will only be friends with me if you win the duel, deal?"

"Do you want the information or not?" Kazz's eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you want to be friends or not?" Shin smirked.

Is being friends better than information? Who is the one controlling the deal here? Kazz wondered. He secretly sighed in his heart and gave in.

"Friends."

"Let's duel then."

"You're not going to receive half the information!" Kazz threatened him.

Shin doesn't care, he can just force it out from the little guy... Make Kazz lose the duel, be disgraced and begged him by telling him the information. Shin was sure of himself.

The older brother at the sidelines, was forced to watched a similar scene he saw minutes ago... But it was with his brother! Carla was so confused...