Chapter 23: Duel (Carla and Shin part 5)

***Arena***

Kazz stopped acting like a mischievous child once they got to the Castle's Arena. The Arena was hidden deep inside the garden of the mansion that only a teleportation spell could get you there.

In Kazz's point of view, the Arena was just an elevated circle marble with old columns surrounding it. However, that doesn't mean he and the Tsukinamis couldn't feel the Arena's aura of death. 'Countless have died here...' Kazz thought grimly. Nevertheless, this only made Shin's blood boiling.

Shin was the first one to enter the elevated ground and stood there waiting for Kazz. Kazz looked back at Shin for a second before turning his head to face Carla. Carla felt an intense killing intent beside him and moved back a step. He was surprised to feel something like that from the vampire!

Kazz's pink eyes were indifferent as he ordered Carla not to interfere with the battle, before stepping onto the platform.

What do you think Kazz did during all those 6 years (Physically) in the present?

After being saved by the Vampire King, Kazz was put into ruthless training. Kazz was not forced, he decided himself. How then would he, an otaku, be able to compete with these powerful vampires? However, the author has to wonder what kind of training would make someone ooze blood lust? The only answer that came to the author's mind was Kazz was personally trained by Karlheinz.

Two individuals were standing directly of each other; both of them were holding a sword. To make the duel fair, they decided to duel without magic. An impure vampire like the Mukamis, don't possess their own magic, they have to borrow them from Karlheinz. However, Kazz with a part of the King's heart, could store magic through blood and generate a limited amount of power (1/4 of Karlheinz power -currently recharging, later his power will grow). So when up against Shin, Kazz would certainly lose the battle with magic with his current state. Going back in time really was tiring... On swordsmanship, Shin and Kazz were perfectly equal.

Back in the Arena, Shin swiftly dodges the swing of Kazz's sword. He used this chance to attack the trap, but Kazz quickly blocked the sword with his. Noticing there's no way to attack now, Kazz created some distance. Shin went on the offensive, one after the other, both of their swords clashed.

Shin smiled, "That's all you can do?"

Kazz responded with silence. He doesn't understand why when anime people fight they always comment on unnecessary things...

"Oi, you're afraid that you can't even speak? How pathetic!" Shin mocked as he swung his sword again.

Kazz had enough and went directly for the kill. With a cold face, he moved fast as lighting directly aiming for the Founder's neck.

Shin was set off guard but quickly defended his neck. Sadly, he underestimated Kazz's abilities. How could a swordsman from the middle ages be ready for martial arts? Thus, Shin wasn't prepared when Krul's flexible small body to frontflip to get behind him. Kazz then uses this opportunity to use the Tiger Tail Sweep technique to bring Shin onto the ground. With the sword in hand, Kazz held the sword close to Shin's neck. A trail of blood slowly formed.

With this, Kazz was the winner.

Staring coldly at him, Kazz mercilessly said these words, "Don't underestimate your opponents."

To make this event more memorable to Shin, Kazz quickly used his power to transform to his true form.

The little trap in front of him suddenly changed into a tall young man. The dress turned into an alluring suit, the long pink hair shortened. The new person in front of him slowly smiled, washing all the blood lust in the air. Under the full moon, Kazz's smile looks mesmerizing.

Shin, who saw everything was stunned. He was disgraced by this beautiful man in front of his brother... For some reason, he wasn't angry at all. Instead, he felt as if his eyes were opened for the first time...He will surely take this man's words to heart.

(From then on, Shin never underestimated his opponents...)     

Author's Note: 

Author's Note

Since I'm going to be busy all week and weekend, this would be the last update for this week. For the Yaoi Extra, please be patient... Next week. 

Thank you, I hope you are enjoying the story so far~

Author-san